20 Takes on the Classic Cinnamon Bun Because YOLO
Cinnamon buns are like the sweatpants of breakfast foods. Warm and cozy, never in the mood to judge you, always in the mood to buoy your already-good mood. It’s something about the cinnamon. Although the notion of eating frosting at breakfast time doesn’t hurt either. Here are some of our favorite variations.
4. Cake Batter Cinnamon Buns: Maybe the cake batter trend has died down a little bit, but these sprinkle beddazled birthday buns are still going strong. Perfect for a special occasion or for no occasion at all. (via How Sweet It Is)
5. Pistachio, Orange, and Dark Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls: This imaginative take on the cinnamon roll is not just awesome — it’s bonkers awesome. (via Joy The Baker)
6. Fluffy Eggnog Cinnamon Rolls: These rolls are so jam-packed with sweet white chocolate and creamy, dreamy eggnog that you might just mistake them for dessert. But go ahead and eat them for breakfast anyways. We say it’s okay. (via Half Baked Harvest)
9. Sticky Lemon Rolls with Lemon Cream Cheese Glaze: We love how defiantly the bright lemon flavor of these buns battles the weariness of winter. Cheer up up a cold, dark morning with one (or two?) of these. (via The Kitchn)
15. Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Cream Cheese Glaze: These cinnamon rolls scream “decadence!” while gesturing towards good health. The whole wheat flour and natural sweeteners totally cancel out the butter and the heavy cream. Because that’s how calories work. (via Cooking ala Mel)
19. Chai-Spiced Cinnamon Rolls: If you’re prone to daydreaming about distant destinations, you we suggest you start your day with these treats. The exotic chai spices will take you far, far away. (via Joy The Baker)
20. Cinnamon Bun Bites (for dogs!): Treat your furry friend to a batch of these canine-approved cinnamon bun treats. But beware! Bubba will have a tough time transitioning back to kibble after this breakfast. (via Babble)
Are you a cinnamon roll purist, or do you think outside the bun pan? Talk to us in the comments below or say hi on Twitter.