Between all the different ways you can boil up a homemade bagel and the smorgasbord of schmears out there to spread on top, these bread rings are anything but boring. But there’s always room for improvement. We’ve gathered up 12 recipes here that manage to take regular old bagels from basic to boss for all-day-long enjoyment.
2. Barbecue Bacon Gouda Cheeseburgers on Homemade Bagel Buns: All of the meats and cheeses are drizzled with barbecue sauce and sandwiched in the middle of a chewy bagel bun to make these awesome burgers. (via Gringalicious)
3. Bagel French Toast: Whether you make French toast with bagels or challah or any old sliced bread, one thing’s for sure: It’s always a welcome presence on the breakfast table. (via Sprinkled Side Up)
4. Smoked Salmon Bagel Grilled Cheese: Transform the usual smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel into a melty-middled creation with this recipe featuring cream cheese, gruyere and a host of flavor-enhancing accompaniments. (via BS in the Kitchen)
7. Bagel, Broccoli and Spinach Strata: Bread pudding takes a turn for the savory in this hearty strata. Assembled the night before, you’ll have breakfast on the table before you even have your first cup of coffee. (via Eats Well With Others)
12. Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Bagel: Given the bagel’s affinity for cream cheese, it’s only natural that they would work just as well topped with cheesecake. Give this blueberry-lemon-curd-mascarpone creation a go ASAP. (via Kitchen Sanctuary)
What’s your favorite way to take a bagel from drab to fab? Fill us in below!