Touchdown! 15 Victorious Dips for Game Day
Let’s face it, watching your favorite football team rise to victory just isn’t as sweet without a bowl of hearty dip to chomp on as you cheer. Score a touchdown in the flavor department with these 15 dips fit for game day. We must admit, these recipes are pretty unapologetic about their ingredients (cheese, cheese, and more cheese!), so we must warn you: once you see these bowls of baked and bubbling dips, there’s no turning back!
2. Creamy Pumpkin and Sage Dip: Here’s a great way to translate your Thanksgiving leftovers into a great game day dish. Pumpkin puree and chopped, fresh sage bring the season’s most crave-worthy flavors to the coffee table. (via Life’s Ambrosia)
3. Easy Blue Cheese Dip: If you’re a frequent game day gawker, you should definitely have a basic, blue cheese dip recipe like this one at the ready. The super creamy batch is perfect for all kinds of dippers, like crudite, chips, and buffalo hot wings (Duh!). (via Coordinately Yours)
4. Loaded Baked Potato Dip: We all know that the best part of a loaded baked potato is the topping! So skip the spuds with this satisfying dip. Of course, scooping with potato chips will more than make up for it! (via Brown Eyed Baker)
6. Jalapeno Popper Dip: We dare you to stop at just one bite of this decadent jalapeno popper dip. Loaded with chunky bacon, spicy jalapenos, and covered in bubbling cheese, it’s bound to be a crowd pleaser. (via Wonky Wonderful)
7. Goat Cheese and Black Bean Dip: We’re obviously not watching our waistlines with this dip roundup, but incase you’re looking for something a little lighter, try this slim, yet satisfying black bean and goat cheese dip. We love that it’s rounded out with some serious spice: cumin, cilantro, and chopped poblanos amp up the flavor without OD-ing on calories. (via Chow Girls)
8. Baked Southwestern Chili Dip: Just one look at this colorful dip and you know you’re in for a mouthful of feisty flavors. Red tomatoes, green onions, and black olives get a kick from a can of chopped green chiles. (via Seeded at the Table)
9. Queso 9 Ways: We’re sticking with Southwestern flavors for a second so we can gush over our arsenal of Queso dips. With nine versions to try, we’ve got you covered on the dip front for a good part of the sports season. (via Brit + Co.)
10. Corn Dip: Rotel makes yet another appearance in this roundup, adding irresistible appeal to this saucy corn dip. Try cutting the kernels off of the cob to give this veggie-heavy dip an even fresher taste. (via Be Simply Organized)
11. Creamy BBQ Chicken Dip: We lightened up a classic BBQ chicken dip by using lean chicken breasts and plain greek yogurt. This diet-friendly dip would be great with whole grain pita bread or even lentil chips! (via Brit + Co.)
12. Caramelized Onion Dip: Here’s another game day dip that you should be able to make at the drop of a hat (or flip of a coin!). As always, patience is a virtue when caramelizing onions—the payoff is always so full-flavored and irresistibly rich. (via 101 Cookbooks)
13. BLT Dip: Once again, bread is left by the wayside when this classic, three-ingredient sandwich is turned into a seriously delicious dip. Though this version should technically be called “BCT” dip, since celery and cream cheese replace the lowly lettuce leaf. Don’t forget to add a splash of ranch dressing into the mix, too! (via Climbing Grier Mountain)
14. Taco Dip: Why slather tortilla chips in toppings when you can make a mess-free nacho-inspired dip? If you’ve ever eaten a taco, you should be able to recreate this bean-based dip with your eyes closed. (via From the Woman Cave)
15. Chili Cream Cheese Dip: We’ve got chili on the brain here at Brit + Co., so we couldn’t pass up the chance to include this zesty dip in our roundup. Plus, this two-ingredient dip a cinch to make: just combine cream cheese with a can of your favorite chili in a pot on the stove until warm. Then, dive in! (via The Girl Who Ate Everything)
What’s your go-to game day dip? Do you indulge with your recipe, or do you try to make lighter versions of your dips? Talk to us in the comments below!