21 Innovative Recipes on the Classic BLT
We’re all about taking something to the next level. These 21 tempting twists on the basic BLT do just that. Bring on the bacon, lettuce (or leek or leafy green) and tomatoes all day long with this collection of creative recipes. Oh yes, we almost forgot to mention this important tidbit: There’s even dessert, so we hope you save room.
1. Chipotle Lime Chicken Bacon Flatbread Tacos: Avocado is always a solid BLT upgrade. All this piled atop a taco along with chipotle-spiced chicken… well, that’s just about impossible to resist. (via Yammie’s Noshery)
3. Fresh Tomato Bacon Salad With Creamy Tomato Bacon Vinaigrette: A drizzle of tomato-bacon vinaigrette takes this BLT salad over the top. (via Bubbly Nature Creations)
6. Pan-Toasted Gnocchi With Bacon, Leeks and Fresh Tomato: No lettuce here. Instead, thinly sliced leeks sautéed in bacon grease add the requisite “L” and a mellow oniony element to this delicious casserole. (via Simply Scratch)
13. BLT Crustless Quiche (Paleo, Dairy-free): Skipping the crust makes this quiche extra easy and even better for indulging on the regular — and it’s so good that you’re gonna want to. (via Nosh and Nourish)
17. BLT Dessert Bites: Brown-sugar-candied bacon with pecans, a dab of sweet tomato jam and microgreens are sandwiched between honey shortbread cookies to create an after-dinner delight. (via Better Homes and Gardens)
18. BLT Carbonara: This creamy carbonara flecked with pops of red and green is extra alluring. But the added veggies don’t just make each bowlful easy on the eyes, they also give ’em an ever-so-slightly healthier edge. (via Tide and Thyme)
20. Spicy BLT Green Bloody Marys: No food coloring here. Garden-fresh green tomatoes are whirled about in a blender — along with a few tasty additions — to create a Bloody Mary that’s vibrant in every which way. (via Heather Christo)
How have you elevated the basic BLT? (Avocado alone definitely counts!) Let us know in the comments below!