Why wait for your Sunday brunch reservation to enjoy this decadent treat? You can make it at home! Don’t be intimidated by the poached eggs and hollandaise sauce. It’s really not as hard as you think it is, and the results are definitely worth the minimal effort. From Asian fusion to heart-stopping Southern, check out these 18 takes on a brunch classic.
1. Easy Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict on Toasted Croissant: Traditionally, Eggs Benedict is served on an English muffin, but this recipe uses a flaky toasted croissant for an ultra delicious breakfast. The sweetness of the croissant really balances out the saltiness of the hollandaise and smoked salmon. (via To Food With Love)
3. Polenta Cakes with Crab and Eggs Benedict: Not only is the crispy polenta cake a delicious base for the runny egg and pile of crab, it offers a fantastic option for those looking for a bread-free option. (via Foxes Love Lemons)
4. Arugula Eggs Benedict with Herbed Waffles: A savory waffle topped with bacon, lots of arugula, egg and drizzled with an herb and garlic hollandaise sauce sounds like a pretty amazing way to start any morning. (via Kumquat)
5. Eggs Benedict and Asparagus Breakfast Skillet: This skillet swaps the English muffin for hash browns, the poached egg for scrambled eggs and adds some bacon and asparagus for a bright and fresh breakfast dish. (via Kitchen Simplicity)
6. Guacamole and Chorizo Eggs Benedict with Honey Chipotle Lime Sauce: Call this a Mexican version of the Benny. There’s so much deliciousness going on with the cotija guacamole and creamy chipotle sauce. (via Half Baked Harvest)
7. Irish Eggs Benedict with Corned Beef and Cabbage Hash: Eggs Benedict on Irish soda bread with hearty corned beef and fresh cabbage makes this breakfast one to remember. (via Fabtastic Eats)
8. Sweet Corn Cake Eggs Benedict with Avocado Hollandaise: Sweet corn cakes topped with bacon and a hollandaise (made with avocado!) ensure you won’t go hungry today. (via How Sweet Eats)
9. Eggs Benedict with Sriracha Hollandaise: Spice things up with a Sriracha hollandaise sauce. Try using a crunchy baguette instead of the English muffin so that things don’t get too soggy. (via Yes To Yolks)
10. Southern Eggs Benedict: Don’t y’all agree? This looks downright decadent. Southern style involves a fluffy biscuit base and pulled pork topped with a generous helping of creamy hollandaise. (via Spicy Southern Kitchen)
12. Asparagus Benedict on Quinoa Cakes with Mint Aioli: A rich and unique take, this dish could easily be made vegetarian by omitting the ham and gluten free by omitting the bread crumbs, making this — dare we say it? — a healthier variation on this decadent meal. (via Local Milk Blog)
16. Asian Eggs Benedict: Feeling adventurous? This creative angle uses grilled chili tofu and thick slabs of eggplant as the base for piles of sesame spinach and a poached egg. (via Jenessa’s Dinners)
17. Eggs Benedict with Spinach and Pesto: The fresh basil pesto adds extra dimension to this recipe. Instead of ham, top with sautéed spinach and tomato slices to get two veggies in before lunch! (via Alisa’s Garden)
18. Kale and Tomato Eggs Benedict: Using kale instead of spinach lends itself to a lighter, crunchier texture. This recipe says no thank you to hollandaise and uses a much healthier mustard-mayo sauce. (via Food Network)
Will you get crackin’ on any of these Eggs Benedict recipes? Let us know in the comments below!