8 New Bathroom Decor Trends You Need to Bring Home
With new decor trends popping up left and right, it can be easy to feel like every room you just decorated already needs to be re-decorated. However, we’ve had our eye on a few design trends that look like they’re going to stick around for a while. The eight trends (and fab finds!) below will keep your bathroom looking stylish and on trend for more than just a season. From adding earthy textures to bold patterns to your bathroom, most of these trends can easily be a weekend project. Below, eight inspiring new ideas.
Do you really want one whole wall dedicated to one giant mirror? One of the latest trends in bathroom design is ditching the giant wall-mounted mirrors and opting for something smaller, usually with a pretty frame. Having the extra wall space allows you to add cool light fixtures, hang art or work around awkward architectural features. (via Rue Mag)
1. Hexagon ($229): Geometric mirrors FTW. This antique brass mirror will make all your mornings shiny and bright.
2. Lacquered Round ($498): Don’t be square! For the trendiest of reflections, go for something round or oval (bonus points if the frame has some metallic).
3. Metal + Wood ($199): Keep it natural with a simple wood and metal mirror. This particular one would look great in an all-white or marble-filled bathroom.
Unique Pendant Lighting
There is nothing more fun than being greeted with an unexpected light fixture in the bathroom. From modern, geo-inspired lights to vintage-inspired pendants, unique lighting makes your bathroom feel much more luxurious and upscale. Just make sure the piece you choose is wet rated before you install it. (via Smitten Studio)
4. Vintage-Inspired Wood ($129): These gorgeous, retro-looking pendants have just the right amount of character. Paired with some boho patterns and complementary wood accents, they’ll be the perfect addition to your space.
5. Geometric ($104): Pretty prism pendants (say that five times fast!) are exactly what your bathroom needs this summer. Put one on each side of your mirror, or place two at varying heights in the corner above the tub. Either way, your bathroom will be super on trend.
6. Nautical Rope ($80): This one’s for all the nautical-obsessed. Adding a rope pendant to your bathroom will definitely raise your decor to the next level.
Copper is having a major moment right now, from fashion to home accessories. And yes, it looks stunning in the bathroom too. This warm metal brings a touch of vintage to any space, and there are lots of fun ways to introduce it to your bathroom. Think: pendant light, hardware or even a small accessory. (via House of Jade)
7. Copper Caddy ($18): If you don’t want to replace all your faucets, it’s easy to bring copper accents into the bathroom with copper baskets like these. They are great for storing linens or filling with all the essentials you need for spa night.
8. Candle ($13): Every bathroom needs at least one candle, so you might as well make it a cool copper one. We wouldn’t mind having a few of these all over the house.
9. Pendant Light ($35): A caged pendant light can look overly industrial at times, but this copper one is chic and shiny in all the right places.
Exposed Plumbing + Industrial Pipes
You’ll either love or hate this industrial-inspired trend. But if you think there is something charming about exposed pipes, you can incorporate the trend with a classy metallic faucet or even DIY some towel racks using copper piping from your hardware store. (via Decoholic)
10. Reclaimed Paper Holder ($78): Over or under? Whichever way you roll, this ultra-cool TP holder offers all the trendy utilitarian vibes your bathroom is craving.
11. Floating Shelf ($65): You’ll never regret adding more storage to your bathroom. This modern-yet-industrial shelf is just the thing to hold all your bits and baubles.
The bathroom isn’t just for a shower, sink and toilet anymore. Current trends are all about bringing non-traditional pieces of furniture into the space to create more of a cozy, spa-like feeling. Stools add extra seating, softness and warmth to the room. They can also be a great place to store all your spa-night essentials. (via Emily Henderson)
13. Simply Wood ($98): Use this little stool to burn a candle while you take a bath, or put it in your guest bathroom and pile towels on it. You could also use it as a seat to watch your significant other brush their teeth.
14. Luxe ($349): For the luxe bathroom, this sheepskin stool will add the texture and glam you’ve been looking for. Pair it with neutrals like gray and accompanying metallic accents for a top-notch look.
15. Mid-Century Modern ($169): Perfectly tufted and oh-so cute, this mid-century stool will add a nice bit of soft color to your bathroom.
This one might not be a quick weekend project, but if you’ve had your eye on a freestanding tub for a while, now is the time to make it happen. Whether your look is modern and minimal or boho and vintage, there is a tub out there calling your name. (via Better Homes and Gardens)
16. Vintage Clawfoot Tub ($4200): We are going to go ahead and file this away on our “Dream House” Pinterest boards. You know, just in case we happen to come into some extra spending money someday…
17. French Blue ($2705): This powder blue beauty is a more modern take on the clawfoot tub. We could definitely see ourselves soaking in here with a glass of wine and some good tunes.
18. Black + Gold Clawfoot Tub ($1050): You know what would complete that luxe bathroom we’ve been talking about? This gorg black and gold tub.
Natural Wood Accents
Going along with the spa theme, all things natural and neutral are trending in the bathroom. From butcher block countertops to reclaimed wood, earthy textures will transform your bathroom from functional to magical real quick. (via Domino)
19. Tub Caddy ($149): Looking for a sturdy tub caddy? Look no further than this reclaimed wood masterpiece. The only thing missing on this one is a glass of our favorite red.
20. Cedar Bath Mat ($128): Maybe it’s time to ditch that musty old rug and replace it with a simple and modern wooden mat. The teak smells amazing and you’ll get a mini foot massage every time you step out of the shower.
21. Shelf ($109): Store all those bath salts and soaps in a reclaimed wood shelf like this one. You could even buy a few and mount them staggered for a fun architectural element.
Adios boring bathroom floors, hello striking statement rugs. From bright colors to elaborate patterns, this trend will make a statement in any sized bathroom and is a great way to bring color into the room without painting. (via My Domaine)
22. Geometric Inspired ($112): We heart triangles here at Brit HQ. And we definitely wouldn’t mind having this rug in our bedroom or living room either.
23. Bright + Boho ($35): Beautiful color and pattern is just what your dingy bathroom floor needs. Be sure to stick with neutrals throughout the space and incorporate a few pops of color to tie it all together.
24. DIY Patterned Rug: Even if you can’t afford a fancy new statement rug, you can still add an epic pattern to your floor with a little DIY action. Tape off the coolest pattern ever and then paint an inexpensive IKEA rug in all your favorite colors. We suggest throwing some non-stick pads to the bottom to prevent your bathroom from turning into a slip-and-slide. (via Brit + C0)
What bathroom decor trend are you loving? Which can you live without? Talk to us in the comments below!
(Additional reporting by Katie Bond)
Whether you want to tap into some holiday nostalgia, or find a fun DIY to do with your kiddos, this simple snow globe craft offers both! Together with Camp by Walmart, we built a customizable crafting journey so you can execute this decor upgrade based on your style preferences and the supplies you have around the house. For this project, you'll need to decide if you want your snow globe to be inside of a mason jar or glass orb, what type of snow you want (hello, glitter!), and what holiday scene should go inside. With 16 possible outcomes, we can't wait to see what you come up with. Check it out by watching the winter wonderland snow globe tutorial now!