Just Call It the LOOvre! 15 Ways to Hang Art in the Bathroom
We’re all about creative spaces, and that includes the bathroom. Who says you can’t hang art in there as well? We found 15 beautifully designed baths and half-baths that incorporate art seamlessly. Concerned about your art being damaged? There’s a good discussion full of tips on Apartment Therapy. Get more interior inspiration, and check out some of our favorite motivational posters if you’re looking for something to hang up.
4. Prints, Busts, and Bookends: We love how much art is packed into this little space. Installing a shelf above the tank is an easy way to display a few extra things like bookends. (via Design*Sponge)
5. Bold Black and White: This simple black and white photo over the tub ties an ocean theme together. We love the porthole style window and the planks around the tub that mimic a ship’s deck. (via Lonny)
7. Simple Prints: You don’t have to have expensive framed art in your bathroom. Try hanging simple prints using binder or bulldog clips. Just change them out frequently if your bathroom gets damp from the shower. (via Apartment Therapy)
9. Tabletop Tableau: If you have the space to have a little shelf or cart in your bathroom, consider propping up a framed painting behind your jewelry tray, lotions, and more. (via Delighting in Today)
10. Postcard Wall: If you have an unusually shaped wall, post cards and smaller pieces of art are an ideal way to fill up the space. Plus, you won’t be too upset if something gets damaged. (via Poppytalk)
11. Interactive Art: We’re blown away by this idea! This blogger took pages from a fashion-themed coloring book and plastered them on her bathroom walls, to be colored in over time as an ever-evolving work of art. (via Kika Reichert)
Do you have art in your bathroom? If not, would you consider hanging some? Tell us why or why not in the comments!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)