12 DIYs for a Bathroom Makeover
You’ve probably been told that bathrooms are one of the most expensive places in your home to remodel. That’s true, and unfortunately, some of us settle for switching out our bathroom towels to create a new color scheme. But come on now. Let’s think outside of the box for a minute. What if you didn’t have to replace your bathtub and sink to give your bathroom a new look? Take a look at these 12 DIYs that will renew and refresh your bathroom on a barebones budget.
1. Dinosaur Toilet Paper Holder: Okay, so you’re renting and for some unknown reason, the landlord didn’t put a toilet paper holder in the bathroom. There’s no reason to lose your security deposit by pounding holes in the wall. This is a super fun way to bring some playfulness into the can. If you want something a little more “chic,” spray paint that dino gold or copper. (via The Chic Home)
3. Subway Tile Mirror: When it comes to the room that you shower in, subway tile is everything. And you can never have enough mirrors in there for both checking our your beautiful face on the daily and for making the space look bigger. The best part about this project is it only costs $30, and it will only take you 30 minutes to finish. (via House of Earnest)
4. Towel Rack: Is space a problem? That’s nothing a few hooks can’t take care of. Trade in those plain silver towel racks for custom hooks. And if you wanted to add some chevron letters as decor, we wouldn’t see anything wrong with that. (via My Fabuless Life)
5. Toothbrush Holder: Pedestal sinks are hard to work with since there is nowhere to put anything. But don’t let that concern your toothbrush. Some bottle caps, spray paint and Velcro are all you need to get your ducks… er, toothbrushes, in a row. (via Ohoh Blog)
7. Painted Shower Curtain: Sometimes a revamp is as simple as updating that shower curtain. If you have a small bathroom, it’s likely the focal point of the room. Make it unique by creating your own with a little paint. (via Brit + Co)
11. Glycerin Soap Gem Stones: Alright, so this might not make over your bathroom, but it will make over your morning routine. These soapy gems trump regular soap blocks any day of the week. (via Mr Printables)
Do you have any bathroom DIYs to share? Tell us below!