Your Tiny Bathroom Is Now Huge: 21 Space Savers to Buy or DIY
It’s safe to say that we’ve all had to deal with a small apartment with a tiny excuse for a bathroom at least once in our lives. And if you’re a city dweller, chances are you’re in that crammed and cluttered boat right now. Lucky for you, we’ve been there (or, more accurately, are there), and we feel your claustrophobic pain and want to help. There are a number of ways to organize all those bottles and towels and tools (oh my!) to create the illusion of more space in your WC. Here are 21 buy or DIY space savers to get you started. (Next up? Tackling that tiny kitchen!)
1. Tenby Living Corner Shower Caddy ($21): Looking for a shower caddy to accommodate your ever-growing bath bomb collection? This three-tiered caddy gets you. It even has an adorable custom mini shelf for your bar soap.
2. Threshold Milk Crate Wire Basket ($15): Here’s a versatile crate that fits every storage need. Towels? Roll them up and toss them in. Following the 14-step skincare routine? Toss all your beauty must-haves in this handy basket.
3. Miliang Hanging Organizer ($17): When bathroom counter space only has room for your curling iron and the sink, utilize the walls for little items like nail polish, hair products, your hairbrush, and cotton swabs.
4. Houzz Bamboo Hair Styling Station ($70): If you blow dry and/or straighten your hair daily, keep your tools and products within arm’s reach with this sleek storage station.
5. Deco Brothers Large Cabinet Drawer ($25): It’s easy to make a mess out of your under-sink cabinet. Organize the typical odds and ends with these stackable drawers.
6. XVL Wall Mounted Toothbrush Holder ($20): Organize your teeth-cleaning gadgets without sacrificing sink or counter space.
8. ZPC Over the Toilet Storage ($40): This storage unit fits above and around your toilet — a convenient way to add more shelving space to your tiny bathroom.
9. Homecube Hanging Organizer ($10): Hang it on the wall, the door, or the window. Whereever it goes, you’ll have a spot for all your beauty brushes and combs.
10. Badger Basket Three Drawer Hamper ($47+): This lightweight set of drawers will keep all your bathroom essentials neatly organized and hidden away.
11. Sunneday Cosmetic Organizer Kit ($10): Arrange your cosmetics and other small items using these sticky organizers.
12. Lynk Over the Door Hooks ($24): Let your towels and robes hang-dry in one space. No hammer required.
13. Whitmor Door Drying Rack ($14): If you’re known to hang-dry your laundry in the bathroom, use this collapsible over-the-door rack.
14. Maytex Shower Curtain With Pockets ($15): Position the pockets on the outside for easy access to your everyday toiletry needs or invert and use them to store your shampoo and conditioner.
15. Elegant Home Fashions White Wall Cabinets ($75): A small bathroom may not have a lot of floor space to work with, but you can — and should — take advantage of the walls. Light colors keep the space feeling open.
16. Moen Towel Bar ($19): Hang multiple towel bars on the bathroom door or wall for a streamlined way to hang your terry-cloth dryers.
More ideas to consider:
17. Magnetic Organizers ($10): Adhere magnetic makeup organizers to the inside of your medicine cabinet to keep track of lipstick, bobby pins, tweezers, and the like.
18. Spice Rack ($13): Not one to cook? Repurpose that unused spice rack for off-the-counter product storage.
19. Tiered Cake Rack ($50): Store everyday toiletries on an out-of-use tiered server.
20. Hanging Fruit Baskets ($30): Preserve floor AND wall space with fruit baskets that hang from the ceiling. For double the storage, you can even link two hanging baskets together.
21. Mirrors ($390): Create the illusion of a larger bathroom with a wall-covering mirror. Bonus points if it opens to shelves.
What space-saving hacks do you rely on to organize and de-clutter? Share them with us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.