11 Behind-the-Scenes Instagrams That Sum Up the VMAs
This year’s VMAs show had everything: the entire Bad Blood crew, Britney Spears, a high-flying Biebs and even a presidential bid for 2020 from none other than Yeezy himself. But thanks to Instagram, we also got a few glimpses of things you didn’t see during the big show. Here’s a look through all of the adventures celebs had at last night’s event on the red carpet, in the audience and backstage — where all the real action took place.
1. @selenagomez: T-Swift was, of course, the woman of the evening, and she had her whole “Bad Blood” squad in tow. BFF Selena shared a snap of the whole crew just after debuting Tay’s new “Wildest Dreams” video during the pre-show. From the looks on their faces, we can tell this group was super pumped for a girls’ night out together. (via @selenagomez)
2. @fifthharmony: Who can be nervous on a red carpet when Jiff the Pomeranian is on hand for a quick snuggle to calm you down? Fifth Harmony paused for a sweet moment with their four-legged friend, who obviously stole more than a few hearts on the way into the big show. (via @fifthharmony)
3. @pharrell: Before performing his song “Freedom,” Pharrell posed in front of the TV wall backstage with his adorable wife, Helen Lasichanh. We’re digging the coordinating double denim and his-and-hers boots, guys. (via @pharrell)
4. @markronson: After snagging a Moonman for “Uptown Funk,” Mark Ronson, Bruno Mars and their crew got together for a group shot and hit a hallelujah of their own, thanking their fans for voting them Best Male Video. (via @markronson)
5. @miguel: Once his presenter duties were done and dusted, Miguel couldn’t help but take a selfie with his date in their seats, making faces for the camera and still managing to look all kinds of hot. (via @miguel)
6. @kingkylie: After Kanye’s internet-breaking, mic-dropping Vanguard Award acceptance speech and presidential announcement, Kylie Jenner took to her Instagram feed to post the first of what we’re sure will be many Kanye-for-President memes. (via @kingkylie)
7. @nickiminaj: After trying to share a few choice words with Miley Cyrus (and being unceremoniously cut off) while accepting her Best Hip-Hop Video award, Nicki posted a snap of herself posing with another outspoken celeb: the one and only selfie queen (and future First Lady?) Kim KW. (via @nickiminaj)
8. @chrissyteigen: Hot model, Lip Sync Battle co-host and all-around funny lady Chrissy Teigen took a seat with hubby John Legend in front of the giant TV wall, giving us further proof that they just might be the world’s prettiest couple. (via @chrissyteigen)
9. @mtvnews: MTV News gave us an extreme close-up of Vanessa Hudgens’ hand jewelry situation against that drop-dead gorgeous boho dress of hers with its botanical appliqués. Can you say “yes please?” (via @mtvnews)
10. @mtv: Aw! A pink-haired Jared Leto chats it up with Willow Smith, who dressed for the occasion in a rainbow headband and full astronaut gear — perhaps a nod to the moon man theme that’s been a staple of the VMAs since its inception back in the ’80s. (via @mtv)
11. @mtv: It’s just not the VMAs without Britney, and MTV knows it. Here, they shared a snap of Brit Brit posing in her sparkly mini and high pony, giving us Toxic-meets-cha-cha-dancer vibes for days. (via @mtv)
What were your favorite moments from the VMAs? Spill in the comments section below!