For adventurous couples, there’s nothing better than bonding over a scenic national park hike, kayaking in crystal clear water, camping at one of the most popular destinations or getting your namaste on together in a gorgeous setting. Outdoorsy duos, you’re in luck — there are more options for active travel than ever before. Read on for six of our top picks for couples who love to combine outdoor activities and relaxation.
1. Maderas Village , Playa Maderas, Nicaragua: Do you and your S.O. like yoga, surfing and horseback riding on the beach? If the answer is yes, check out Maderas Yoga Village, which is nestled in the Pacific coastal hills of Nicaragua. The retreat is known for attracting a diverse group of guests, and accommodations are affordable, with prices ranging from $25 to $150 per night. Sounds like a deal to us. (Photo via Maderas Village )
2. Ciclismo Classico Bike Across Belgium : This nine-day intermediate-level cycling trip is perfect for biking and beer enthusiasts alike, since it combines a tour through Luxembourg, Belgium and the Netherlands with brewery visits and tastings. It’s truly one of the most unusual trips we’ve ever seen, and breaking up the biking with some of the best beers in the world sounds like the perfect way to unwind. (Photo via Ciclismo Classico )
3. LUEX Portillo Ski Week , Las Condes, Santiago, Chile: Chile is one of the few places in the world where you can ski and surf in the same day. Pretty crazy, right? South America’s prime ski season is in the Northern Hemisphere’s summer, making it the perfect vacay for couples who can’t wait until winter to get back on the mountain. Start off your trip with a week hitting the slopes at a ski area like Portillo, and tack on a few days at the end to visit one of the country’s coastal towns to try your luck in the waves. This trip has it all, for reals. (Photo via Ski Portillo )
4. Havasu Falls Guided Backpacking , Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona: Some of the world’s most beautiful bits of nature are preserved in national parks, and the Grand Canyon’s Havasu Falls are no exception. Hikers from around the world come to visit the blue-green waterfalls and trek up the park’s mountains for the best possible views. Because the falls are located on the Havasupai Indian Reservation, a permit to visit is required, making a guided tour the best option for those who want to see them. On this three- or four-day trip, you can expect a whole lot of hiking, as well as ample time for relaxation and exploration of the canyon.
5. REI’s Thailand Multisport Trip : When it comes to the great outdoors, REI really knows their stuff, so going on a trip organized by them is a total no-brainer. This nine-day vacay gives the best of both worlds for urban and outdoors lovers: It starts off with a tour of the city of Chiang Mai, then takes you and your boo on a hiking, biking and kayaking trip through the jungle. (Photo via REI )
6. Active Adventures Essence of South Island , New Zealand: This incredible eight-day trip will have you and your S.O. hiking, biking and kayaking through the drop-dead-gorgeous Milford Sound. New Zealand is known for its untouched wilderness, providing an amazing backdrop for a vacation that’s both romantic and heart-pumping. (Photo via Getty)
Have you and your boo gone on an active vacation? Where did you go? Tell us about it @BritandCo
(Featured photo via Getty)