Colder temps mean two things for our tresses: weather-ravaged strands and dry scalps. The combined effect of harsh winter elements and heated beauty tools basically spells out disaster. We’d happily whip up a hair-healing hack we learned from our grandmas, but who’s got the time? Luckily, there are 20 problem-solving beauty oils for your hair and scalp to keep dryness, flaking, and split ends at bay.
1. Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Tea Tree Scalp Treatment ($32): When chilly air hits your scalp, dandruff and dryness ensue. Unless you get your mitts on this hydrating charcoal treatment, that is.
2. Christophe Robin Moisturizing Hair Oil with Lavender ($47): Robin’s cult favorite lavender hair oil repairs and restores manes like a charm. This must-try product was first developed to restore the overly processed strands of supermodels, making it a runway-ready essential for your beauty toolkit.
3. Davines Oi Oil Absolute Beautifying Potion ($18): Frizz and static, be gone! This beautifying hair oil straightens locks over time, smoothes frizzy strands, and provides a silky finish.
4. This Works Sleep Plus Hair Elixir ($46): If you love naps and also covet shiny, soft hair, then this is the beauty buy for you. The name really says it all: It works in yo’ sleep.
5. Drybar 100 Proof Treatment Oil ($36): Get ready to create infinite shine with a formula that goes on light as a feather.
6. French Girl Organics Hair Revive Oil ($38): This French girl-approved argan-based blend is clean too. While totally free of silicone and petroleum, it lights up those locks with vibes of la vie Parisienne.
7. Kiehl’s Strengthening and Hydrating Oil-in-Cream ($25): You’ll dig the unique texture of this strengthening, oil-in-cream haircare product. With continued use, you’ll enjoy even greater strength and resiliency.
8. La Tierra Sagrada Jojoba Hair Medicine ($24): Founder Stefani Padilla learned the secrets of shamanic plant-healing traditions, creating a line of extraordinary “beauty-meets-wellness” products. Her next-level hair medicine doesn’t just make your hair feel great — it’ll also soothe away any lingering post-holiday stress.
9. Leonor Greyl Paris L Huile de Leonor Greyl ($45): This award-winning pre-treatment oil deeply hydrates as it restructures your hair follicles. Apply it before washing to enjoy detangled, easy-to-style strands post-shower.
10. Le Prunier Plum Beauty Oil ($72): These luxe plum varietals and essential oils are said to protect your hair, skin, and nails six times better than marula oil and eight times better than argan oil. (Not that we’re comparing.)
11. Macadamia Professional Nourishing Moisture Oil Spray ($15): First, spritz this vitamin E-rich pro-oil complex of macadamia and argan oils. Then, enjoy soft, shiny, sun-protected perfection.
12. Moroccanoil Treatment Light ($15): Consider this the diet version of their original cult favorite, formulated specifically for fine-textured tresses.
13. Oribe Gold Lust Nourishing Hair Oil ($55): Envision this: an ultra-lightweight oil that does. It. ALL. It provides thermal and UV protection, intense nourishment, and is the end-all-be-all of damaged hair restoration. Could holy grail status be in this bb’s future?
14. Ouai Haircare Hair Oil ($28): Celebrity hairstylist Jen Atkin’s buzzy beauty line yielded this top-rated hair oil. African Galanga, Ama, and Asian Borage oils combine together to rid you of scraggly ends forevermore.
15. Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Relaxing Balm ($20): Silicone-infused formulas like this speed up drying times and make texture extra silky. Ulta insiders say they can barely keep this bad boy stocked.
16. Redken Diamond Oil Glow Dry ($32): You can shine bright like a diamond — after enjoying a significantly reduced blow-dry time and enhanced heat protection thanks to this favorite among Ulta shoppers.
17. Rodin by Recine Luxury Hair Oil ($70): This luxe oil is more like the elixir of life — for your hair. You’ll notice ah-mazing things happening after brushing in two or three drops of the antioxidant-rich oil combo.
18. Verb Ghost Oil Plus Moringa ($13): This option gets its name because it goes on so discreetly, it’s like it’s not even there… except the argan and moringa blend leaves hair smoother, shinier, and revitalized in its wake.
19. Moroccan Elixir Argan Oil Revitalize Hair and Scalp Tonic ($30): Green goddesses approve of this ultra pure form of argan oil. This particular product stimulates the follicle and scalp, promoting hair regrowth as it hydrates, revitalizes, and thickens what you’ve already got.
20. Grow Gorgeous Strengthening Oil ($30): Meet the savior for lackluster locks. The omegas and vitamins in the seed-derived solution improve the strength and elasticity of strands all the way down to your fragile ends.
Which hair oil will you try first? Tell us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co. may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.