12 Best Portable Speakers to Help You Jam Wherever You Go
Any place can be a party with a good portable speaker by your side. Stepping out to the beach, the park, or just going outside, in general, doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice your tunes. In fact, bringing along a high-quality portable speaker to any barbeque, picnic, or summer outdoor hang with your friends instantly elevates the mood and turns a normal get together into a special occasion. And since many designs use Bluetooth technology to play straight from your mobile device, portable speakers have never been easier to use. Check out some of the most popular speakers on the market today and let the party begin.
1. Ultimate Ears BOOM 2 ($92): There’s a reason this little speaker is so well-loved (over 3,000 five-star reviews). It comes in tons of colors, is waterproof for up to 30 minutes, has 15 hours of battery life, and has a 100-foot range for seriously big tunes.
2. JBL Charge 3 ($120): You and your friends can wirelessly connect up to three smartphones or tablets to this speaker so everyone can play their favorite hits. It also has a long-lasting battery life, with over 20 hours of non-stop playtime.
3. Soundcore Flare ($60): Nothing’s better than a personal concert and light show. Not only will you get excellent sound, this speaker also features beat-driven LED lights at its base, with five color themes and five illumination patterns that can be customized with the Soundcore app.
4. Ultimate Ears WONDERBOOM ($64+): This ultra-portable beauty may be small, but it is mighty. It will deliver huge, crisp, 360-degree sound and big bass, plus 10 hours of music playback. Not bad for a little speaker.
5. Fugoo Style S ($120): Designed for both indoors and outdoors, this speaker gives you tons of volume while you’re outside without draining too much battery. It’s also shockproof, for people who like to take their tunes with them on camping trips.
6. Bose SoundLink Revolve ($299): This is one of the best performing designs from high-quality speaker manufacturer Bose. It has deep, 360-degree sound and wireless Bluetooth pairing with voice prompts, so you can easily take calls and access Siri or Google.
7. JBL Boombox ($540): Want a modern portable speaker but miss your old ’90s boombox? This little guy takes some inspiration from those old CD and tape decks, but you can pair it with your smartphone instead.
8. Anker Soundcore Bluetooth Speaker ($27): Sometimes when you need a quality speaker, simple and classic is best. This Anker speaker has an easy-to-use design and 24 hours of playtime, so you can get exactly what you need without having to deal with bells and whistles.
9. Cambridge Soundworks OontZ Angle 3 Plus Edition ($35): This little guy isn’t going to quit on you once the party starts. It has an outstanding 30 hours of battery life, is splashproof and rugged, and gives you crystal-clear, extra-loud sound that you need to get your place jumpin’.
10. B&O Play ($150+): Are all those other portable speakers still not “portable” enough for you? This extra-lightweight design is here to make your dreams come true. It’s only as big as your smartphone and still delivers 10 hours of playback, so you can truly jam while you’re on the go.
11. Ultimate Ears MEGABLAST ($199): No need to reach for this high-tech marvel for when you need some music. It comes with built-in Amazon Alexa hands-free voice control. Simply ask Alexa to play your favorite songs from Spotify, Amazon Music, iHeart Radio, or TuneIn.
12. JBL Clip 2 ($37+): On a hike or a bike ride, you can still bring along your go-to Spotify playlist. Simply clip this tiny speaker that delivers big sound and about 2 and a half hours of playtime to your bike or bag.
Do you have any recommendations for cool music accessories? Share them with us on Twitter @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.