Beth McCord Teaches Brit All About The Enneagram
Beth McCord is the founder of Your Enneagram Coach, one of the most prominent Enneagram programs that helps you discover, explore, and become your best self while simplifying the truths of the Enneagram. As an Enneagram speaker, coach, and teacher for over 17 years, Beth has found that the core desires and fears of each type are accompanied by a set of false beliefs about self that kill one's ability to achieve goals in a healthy way. Beth joins Teach Me Something New this week to demystify each Enneagram type's desire, the false messages that inhibit them from achieving their goals, and what they must accept to set and stick to New Year resolutions.
Here's a quick primer as it relates to your New Year goals:
Type 1: They strive to create the right goals
- False message: It's not okay to make mistakes. They must always strive for balance, integrity, and being good.
- They must accept that they will never be able to make or keep their goals perfectly to experience the serenity that comes when they embrace life as it is with imperfections.
Type 2: They strive to create goals that serve and nurture others
- False message: It's not okay to have their own needs and goals, and they will be rejected if they're not constantly selfless.
- They must accept that obtaining people's appreciation and approval will never prove their true worth to find the value that comes from loving themselves first.
Type 3: They strive to create goals that are efficient and ensure a successful outcome
- False message: Others will devalue them and deem them as worthless if they don't achieve their goals.
- They must accept that their worth is not determined by what others find admirable so they can enjoy achieving goals that express their most authentic self.
Type 4: They strive to create goals that are unique and help to achieve emotional depth
- False message: They will never be understood and must work through their emotions alone
- They must realize that they are not flawed or defective to find emotional sobriety to achieve creatively unique goals.
Type 5: They strive to create goals to be more knowledgeable and competent
- False message: They need more knowledge and insights before moving forward, and it's not okay to be too comfortable in the world.
- They must realize that trying to gain enough knowledge can hinder them from working toward achieving their goals to confidently move forward to accomplish what they set out for themselves.
Type 6: They strive to create responsible and discerning goals that represent their loyalty
- False message: It's not okay to trust their decision-making process and thinking.
- Must recognize that external attachments or authorities will never give them the security they desire to fully trust their own discernment and create insightful goals.
Type 7: They strive to create fun, exciting, and stimulation goals that bring them and others joy
- False message: They are on their own to find satisfaction, and they fear never being content until they get what they want.
- They must realize that they will never find true contentment in the next fun activity, and savor all their experiences in the present moment to focus on achieving each step of their goals.
Type 8: They strive to create goals to ensure they will accomplish what they set out for and empower those important to them
- False message: It's not okay to trust others, and they can't be vulnerable and let their guard down because they fear betrayal.
- They must realize that they cannot prevent betrayal by showing too much strength to embrace their vulnerability and help them come alongside others with compassion, and the desire to help others achieve their goals.
Type 9: They strive to create goals that bring others together in harmony and joy
- False message: The desires, needs, and passions of others are more important than their own.
- They must face the hard truth that they will never find peace or joy in hiding their desires from the world so they can experience their best self by creating goals that truly represent their passions.
With self-reflection and a shift in perspective, the Enneagram should be used as a roadmap to guide you in setting goals to live a life of impact. For more insights about your type, be sure to tune into the episode! And, to learn more about all the things with Brit, subscribe to Teach Me Something New on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, iHeartRadio, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Content Director at Brit + Co
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.