9 Websites for Designing Adorable Birth Announcements
You’ve made it through almost nine months’ worth of backaches, morning sickness, and all the other “fun” that goes along with pregnancy. Now comes the truly magical part — the birth of your baby! As you near the finish line, it’s time to start thinking about announcing baby’s grand debut. You could grab a ready-made announcement off the shelf; learn how to turn pulp into paper, take a class on graphic design, and DIY your own; or find a happy medium somewhere in between those two extremes. Before the big birth day arrives, start browsing these creative websites for some major announcement inspo that’s not too cookie-cutter, not too time-intensive, but just right.
1. Minted: If you adore the idea of an announcement that’s created by an independent artist, then Minted is the place to be. This sweet website connects you with some pretty awesome artists across the country and even around the globe. After your baby is born, all you need to do is text your kiddo’s photo to the site, and they’ll text you back a few different options.
2. Etsy: Contrary to what you might think, Etsy isn’t just an online marketplace for buying hand-woven totes and crocheted coasters. With all the artistry on the site, it couldn’t be easier to get announcement inspiration. Mamas who are looking for one-of-a-kind handmade style will find it and then some. You can also browse onesies, stuffed animals, and other crafty creations for your little one while you’re there.
3. Paper Culture: The amount of paper that baby announcements use is staggering. If you have a highly active eco-conscience, seeing that mountain of cardstock may cause you to shudder. Luckily, there’s an environmentally friendly alternative. Paper Culture offers eco-friendly announcements using sustainable materials and even plants a tree with every order. Now that’s a win-win.
4. Artifact Uprising: Your newborn deserves their moment(s) in the spotlight. This website’s sleek announcements will showcase your kiddo’s photo in the best way possible — with clean designs and simple graphics that are lovely and modern.
5. Caspi Cards & Art: This artsy card-maker specializes in personalized Jewish announcements. If adding a religious focus to the cute cards is important to you and your family, this site has you covered. You just select the wording and designer Mickie Caspi does the rest.
6. Mixbook Photo Co.: Love having a lot of options? Mixbook will give you choices galore. Add a photo, select a font, and then customize to your heart’s content. And you don’t have to stick to plain paper; make sure to check out the luxe-looking foil accents.
7. Pear Tree: Another site that offers tons of options, Pear Tree is a great go-to if you really want to get creative. Choose something simple, get a little fancy, or go all out with a trifold baby announcement or even a booklet!
8. Nico and Lala: These adorable designs are all in the details. Think foil stamping, ribbon accents, and multiple pics. You can also get their gorgeous lined envelopes printed with colorful ink for a true keepsake.
9. Paperlust: Work with a designer to create the birth announcement of your dreams. And whatever your taste, you’ll find it here. Browse by color, theme, style (from elegant to whimsical), and more.
What’s your favorite birth announcement design idea? Share your pick and tweet us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Featured photo via Getty)