This Easy, Vegan Ice Cream Has 2 Ingredients You Won’t Expect
Welcome to Single Serving, our new video series showcasing colorful, easily re-createable, and highly Instagrammable recipes for one. In our premiere episode, we’re making a super easy, naturally blue vegan “nice” cream. Made from frozen bananas, vanilla powder, and Blue Majik, a bright blue spirulina powder that is said to help reduce inflammation and boost your immune system, this “nice” cream can be upgraded to sundae status with the addition of toppings like coconut whipped cream, cherries, nut butter, and chocolate shavings. Dig in.
Blue Majik “Nice” Cream
- 2 bananas, diced into 1-inch pieces, and frozen overnight on a sheet tray
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1-2 teaspoons Blue Majik, plus more for dusting
- splash of non-dairy milk, if needed
- coconut whipped cream
- pitted and de-stemed cherries
- freeze-dried cherries
- pitted and diced strawberries
- cherry chia jam (chia seeds reconstituted in cherry juice)
- nut butter
- dark chocolate shavings
- edible flowers (optional)
- In a food processor or blender, blitz banana, vanilla powder, and Blue Majik until smooth and creamy. Add a splash of non-dairy milk, if needed, to make ingredients come together. Serve immediately or transfer into an air-tight container (with a piece of parchment paper) freeze in an airtight container for at least 2 hours.
- Scoop and serve. Quickly garnish with coconut whipped cream, fresh and freeze-dried cherries, strawberries, chia jam, a dollop of nut butter, dark chocolate shavings, and edible flowers (optional).
If you make this nice cream, be sure to tag us in your photo on Instagram.
(Recipe from Anna Monette Roberts / Brit + Co)