10 Ways to Rock Boho Style at the Office
Stuffy, stiff and downright boring — they’re all things we definitely don’t need our work wear to be. Since the office is a spot where we spend a lot of our time, an ultra-chic nine-to-five wardrobe is essential. A look we’re loving right now is boho chic. Believe it or not, the carefree, free-wheelin’ thing can totally work within the confines of your desk dress code. All it takes are a few structured, polished staples to give a signature boho piece professional flair. These 10 pieces pack plenty of free-spirited vibes, but won’t draw side glances from the boss.
1. Zara Printed Dress ($70): Forget the classic shift or a fit-and-flare style and opt for a free-flowing floral dress instead. This pretty frock feels polished, elegant and anything but frumpy with a high neckline, long sleeves and lightweight fabric. To make it even more office ready, add on a gilded belt and sassy ankle boots.
2. INC Colorblocked Poncho ($55): A belted poncho layered over a pair of smart trousers or a sleek pencil skirt is the cozy, though no less stylish, alternative to a structured blazer.
3. Topshop Geometric Jacquard Print Flares ($52): Jazz up your standard suit with of-the-moment printed flares. Unexpected and fun, they’ve still got that whole office-appropriate thing on lock when styled with a ribbed turtleneck and squared-toe pumps or a traditional button-down top.
4. Urban Outfitters Frances Heel ($79): Suede and natural elements infuse the modern mule stepper with a free-wheelin’ vibe, making them the ideal match for everything from classy culottes to a tube-style midi.
5. Top With Bell Sleeve and Open Back in Tile Print ($27): Who needs a stiff button-down when you can rock a funky bell-sleeved number? Layer it under a shift dress for a seriously throwback look or rock it with ankle-length trousers and a chunky Mary Jane heel.
6. Tiro Tiro Tela Earrings ($126): It’s all in the details. If free-spirit duds aren’t totally your thing, look to add-ons with hammered metals, intricate etchings and vibrant stones.
7. Ann Taylor Dashed Skinny Scarf ($50): Put those statement baubles back, because this understated accessory is all the adornment you need. A fringe-flecked skinny scarf imparts a chic bohemian vibe to any outfit, while adding an extra layer of polish.
8. Express Mesh Inset Full-Pleated Skirt ($118): Maxis totally capture that carefree feel we just can’t get enough of. Opt for pleated styles at the office and pair it up with killer heels, a leather jacket and a statement sweater.
9. H&M Embroidered Kimono ($129): If your work space channels a heavy-duty freezer on the daily, warm layers are essential. But if you’re like us, a simple cardigan simply doesn’t cut it. This embroidered topper packs a sartorial punch and provides that little extra something that will make the workday more bearable.
10. Rebecca Minkoff Hobo Bag ($295): Though swingy fringe and a slouchy structure are all about keeping things low-key, soft-pebbled leather and a roomy interior (perfect for all your work essentials) mean business.
Would you go boho at work? Tell us how you’d rock it in the comments!