8 Unique Boy Baby Shower Ideas That Aren’t Just Blue
So you’re throwing a baby shower for a boy; what next? Start with a theme, of course! It doesn’t have to be based around blues and greens or sports. Bright colors, exciting concepts, and a little bit of ingenuity can go a long way. With fresh takes on space exploration and pop culture, this list is sure to get you going in the right direction. And don’t forget the party favors.
1. To Infinity and Beyond: Put a modern and bright twist on this Pixar-inspired theme. It works just as well for a birthday party, but it’s a stellar way to welcome a new explorer to this world. (via Studio DIY)
2. Dr. Seuss Brunch: Look beyond The Cat in the Hat for your inspiration. How? By going bold with color and including a few characters from different stories. (via Krista Mason Photography / Inspired By This)
3. Balloon Animal Fun: This mature spin on the party classic is plenty colorful and a great way to do a theme without really doing a theme. A few well-placed figures never hurt anyone, right? (via Anthony & Stork)
4. The Life Aquatic Baby Shower: Wes Anderson’s creative worlds are full of inspiration, and this underwater escapade is a visual feast for the eyes. Matching red beanies for all! Just don’t hurt the interns. (via Verance Photography / Loba Design Co.)
6. Mother of Dragons: Does the mama-to-be love her HBO? Throw a Game of Thrones-inspired event, complete with dragon eggs, furry throws, and some wildfire cocktails. (via Brit + Co)
7. Indoor Garden Brunch: Put a boyish spin on a garden brunch with a bold blue backdrop and well-chosen tablewares. It’s elegant, a little subdued, and ideal for summer events. (via Brit + Co)
8. Retro Scouts: A scout-themed event is a sweet mix of woodland creatures and camping decor. Throw in some archery, plaid, and food you can eat on a skewer for good measure. (via Scott Clark Photo Phography / 100 Layer Cakelet)
How fun are these themes? Follow us on Pinterest for more maternity ideas.