10 Bridal Trends That Are Going to Be BIG in 2015
It doesn’t get much more glamorous than a wedding dress. Even though they’re all worn for the same event, there are hundreds of styles, colors and cuts to choose from. To help us narrow down what styles are trending now, the wedding experts over at Style Me Pretty have highlighted their top 22 pinned dresses of 2014. Here are 10 bridal trends we spotted in the roundup that we think are about to explode in the coming year.
1. Open Back Beauty: Between the gorgeous lace, the sexy open-back design and the subtle bow, this Mira Zwillinger dress is an all around winner. While you never want to dress overly sexy on your wedding day (hey, Grandma!) adding a touch of sensuality never hurts. An exposed back is the perfect way to do incorporate that element without worrying about offending any guests.
2. Sweetheart Neckline: This tried and true trend seems to be here to stay. This sweet and sexy neckline looks stunning on almost every size and seems to never go out of style.
3. Vintage Bride: While the headpiece might be a bit much for some, don’t let it distract you from the sheer beauty of this art-deco inspired piece. Glitzy, ’20s inspired gowns are sexy, low-key and perfect for a boho bride.
4. Trains For Days: Save the drama not for your mama, but rather for your wedding day. Watch your step because dramatic trains like this are making a comeback and for good reason.
5. Printed Lady: Who says you have to save the florals for your table displays? We’ve been seeing prints popping up on the wedding scene for a while now, but we certainly wouldn’t be opposed to seeing more classic wedding dresses get a floral makeover in the next year.
6. Heavy Beading: We aren’t too eager to see those ’80s beaded dresses again anytime soon, but a sweet, beaded bodice is a great way to add some glam to your dress while keeping a slim silhouette.
7. Twist of Texture: Sometimes you just can’t beat a classic. But what we love about an option like this is the subtle texture of the dress. If you want a traditional dress with a touch of individuality, this is the perfect way to get the best of both worlds.
8. Tulletastic: As opposed to the preppy, giant princess-style gown, try a dress with layers and layers of tulle for a full, yet trendy bottom half.
9. Peachy Keen: If you’re not so into the idea of a stark white dress, try one in this peachy tone for something a little more dramatic than ivory but still classic. We’re loving this shade, but we’re also very excited to see pops of rose headed down the aisle this year.
10. A Touch of Embroidery: Angelina Jolie’s doodled dress has definitely paved the way for embroidery on modern bridal gowns. Whether you’re into butterflies like this dress pictured above or colorful flowers, this is a great way to add a pop of color without going fully printed.
What bridal trends are you expecting to see in the coming year? Did you recently pick out a wedding dress? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.