10 Bridal Trends That Are Going to Be BIG in 2015
It doesn’t get much more glamorous than a wedding dress. Even though they’re all worn for the same event, there are hundreds of styles, colors and cuts to choose from. To help us narrow down what styles are trending now, the wedding experts over at Style Me Pretty have highlighted their top 22 pinned dresses of 2014. Here are 10 bridal trends we spotted in the roundup that we think are about to explode in the coming year.
1. Open Back Beauty: Between the gorgeous lace, the sexy open-back design and the subtle bow, this Mira Zwillinger dress is an all around winner. While you never want to dress overly sexy on your wedding day (hey, Grandma!) adding a touch of sensuality never hurts. An exposed back is the perfect way to do incorporate that element without worrying about offending any guests.
2. Sweetheart Neckline: This tried and true trend seems to be here to stay. This sweet and sexy neckline looks stunning on almost every size and seems to never go out of style.
3. Vintage Bride: While the headpiece might be a bit much for some, don’t let it distract you from the sheer beauty of this art-deco inspired piece. Glitzy, ’20s inspired gowns are sexy, low-key and perfect for a boho bride.
4. Trains For Days: Save the drama not for your mama, but rather for your wedding day. Watch your step because dramatic trains like this are making a comeback and for good reason.
5. Printed Lady: Who says you have to save the florals for your table displays? We’ve been seeing prints popping up on the wedding scene for a while now, but we certainly wouldn’t be opposed to seeing more classic wedding dresses get a floral makeover in the next year.
6. Heavy Beading: We aren’t too eager to see those ’80s beaded dresses again anytime soon, but a sweet, beaded bodice is a great way to add some glam to your dress while keeping a slim silhouette.
7. Twist of Texture: Sometimes you just can’t beat a classic. But what we love about an option like this is the subtle texture of the dress. If you want a traditional dress with a touch of individuality, this is the perfect way to get the best of both worlds.
8. Tulletastic: As opposed to the preppy, giant princess-style gown, try a dress with layers and layers of tulle for a full, yet trendy bottom half.
9. Peachy Keen: If you’re not so into the idea of a stark white dress, try one in this peachy tone for something a little more dramatic than ivory but still classic. We’re loving this shade, but we’re also very excited to see pops of rose headed down the aisle this year.
10. A Touch of Embroidery: Angelina Jolie’s doodled dress has definitely paved the way for embroidery on modern bridal gowns. Whether you’re into butterflies like this dress pictured above or colorful flowers, this is a great way to add a pop of color without going fully printed.
What bridal trends are you expecting to see in the coming year? Did you recently pick out a wedding dress? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.