18 Cozy Winter Wedding Outerwear Looks
You’ve made the ultra-on-trend decision to have a winter wedding, but with the temperatures dropping, that sweetheart neckline is going to be a little chilly. We’ve got 18 ways to winterize your wedding dress, from faux-fur boleros to bright tights and sleek blazers. Whether you splurge on outerwear or repurpose basic wardrobe staples you already own, you’re sure to be cozy on your wedding day.
1. Red Cardigan: A red cardigan is simple, classic and shows up beautifully in a winter wonderland. Add a spring of holly berries, and you’ve got a gorgeous wedding portrait waiting to happen. (via Love is a Big Deal)
2. Knit Poncho: Knit is a great way to incorporate texture into an otherwise white-out photo shoot. A poncho is best paired with a slimmer dress silhouette, like trumpet or mermaid shapes, rather than ball gowns. (via Elizabeth Ann Designs)
5. Faux Fur Coat: A mostly-monochromatic shot works well with a statement faux fur piece like this jacket. Keep it luxe by wearing white or off-white, or add drama with a darker-hued coat. (via Hope Kauffman Photo)
6. Winter Coat: Sometimes your favorite pea coat is the perfect addition to your winter wedding shoot. A bold color like royal blue pops against snow and pine trees. (via Isa Images Photography Studio)
8. Sequined Cardigan: If your winter wedding is taking place in a warmer climate, your outerwear can be more fancy than functional. A bright sequined cardigan or jacket adds personality. (via Marianne Wilson Photography)
10. Leather Jacket: A leather jacket is dramatic enough for a wedding, but adds a devil-may-care vibe. Tan leather is perfect for a woodsy wedding, while black leather is ideal to pair with deep wedding colors like red or orange. (via Cassidy Brooke Photography)
13. Lace Cape: An intricate cape is ideal for a winter wedding that takes place in a warmer climate. If you’re banking on this look, choose a gown with the simplest neckline — it will keep the focus on the cape. (via The Knot)
14. Blazer: Planning a black-tie affair? Streamline your look with an ultra-white blazer. Blazers over dresses are becoming the newest bridal trend. We can definitely see why: It gives a sophisticated glamour like nothing else can. (via David Jenkins Photography)
18. Gray Dress: A coat that acts as a dress is a great idea if you’re having an outdoor winter wedding. You stay warm while looking bridal. Make sure your boots are fabulous, since they’ll get plenty of attention. (via Calla Evans Photography)
Are you planning a winter wedding? How are you going to stay cozy on the big day? Tell us in the comments!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.