18 Cozy Winter Wedding Outerwear Looks
You’ve made the ultra-on-trend decision to have a winter wedding, but with the temperatures dropping, that sweetheart neckline is going to be a little chilly. We’ve got 18 ways to winterize your wedding dress, from faux-fur boleros to bright tights and sleek blazers. Whether you splurge on outerwear or repurpose basic wardrobe staples you already own, you’re sure to be cozy on your wedding day.
1. Red Cardigan: A red cardigan is simple, classic and shows up beautifully in a winter wonderland. Add a spring of holly berries, and you’ve got a gorgeous wedding portrait waiting to happen. (via Love is a Big Deal)
2. Knit Poncho: Knit is a great way to incorporate texture into an otherwise white-out photo shoot. A poncho is best paired with a slimmer dress silhouette, like trumpet or mermaid shapes, rather than ball gowns. (via Elizabeth Ann Designs)
5. Faux Fur Coat: A mostly-monochromatic shot works well with a statement faux fur piece like this jacket. Keep it luxe by wearing white or off-white, or add drama with a darker-hued coat. (via Hope Kauffman Photo)
6. Winter Coat: Sometimes your favorite pea coat is the perfect addition to your winter wedding shoot. A bold color like royal blue pops against snow and pine trees. (via Isa Images Photography Studio)
8. Sequined Cardigan: If your winter wedding is taking place in a warmer climate, your outerwear can be more fancy than functional. A bright sequined cardigan or jacket adds personality. (via Marianne Wilson Photography)
10. Leather Jacket: A leather jacket is dramatic enough for a wedding, but adds a devil-may-care vibe. Tan leather is perfect for a woodsy wedding, while black leather is ideal to pair with deep wedding colors like red or orange. (via Cassidy Brooke Photography)
13. Lace Cape: An intricate cape is ideal for a winter wedding that takes place in a warmer climate. If you’re banking on this look, choose a gown with the simplest neckline — it will keep the focus on the cape. (via The Knot)
14. Blazer: Planning a black-tie affair? Streamline your look with an ultra-white blazer. Blazers over dresses are becoming the newest bridal trend. We can definitely see why: It gives a sophisticated glamour like nothing else can. (via David Jenkins Photography)
18. Gray Dress: A coat that acts as a dress is a great idea if you’re having an outdoor winter wedding. You stay warm while looking bridal. Make sure your boots are fabulous, since they’ll get plenty of attention. (via Calla Evans Photography)
Are you planning a winter wedding? How are you going to stay cozy on the big day? Tell us in the comments!
Getting the word out about your brand takes time, drive, and ingenuity. And it doesn't come easy for many entrepreneurs. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're chatting with Selfmade alum Taylor Morgan McPherson, founder of Sustainable Sparkle Bar, about ways in which she scored press as a solo startup brand and what she learned from Selfmade to take her brand marketing up a notch.
B + C: How did you know Sustainable Sparkle Bar was your business to start?
Glitter has always been my thing, so when I started my event company I decided to make it my niche. I started telling people I threw glitter-themed parties where people would get sparkled with glitter body art and makeup. Six months after that I applied to my first festival and to work with SUR restaurant in West Hollywood.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
I honestly can't say that I've had a specific strategy that I've followed when it comes to getting my business off the ground. I have a PR background so I was just constantly pitching new business and posting on social media.
B + C: What's the biggest challenge you face as a small business owner?
I would say creating a stable income and revenue stream. With a seasonal, event-based business it can be very up and down.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
The relationships I made and the push to start an email database.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I love what I do and I believe in myself 100%. Staying motivated isn't the hard part. Pushing myself to do the work and staying accountable is the hard part.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip? Do you use any apps that help you manage your business?
I keep multiple to-do lists, hand-written and digital. I also tell clients and partners that I will have something to them by a certain time or day so I have to stick to it.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Just do it, take the leap. And don't worry about what anyone else says to thinks.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Issa Rae, I'm so inspired by everything that she's created being a creative and a black woman. It's my dream to have my own show one day based on my life and where I give advice and talk about the world. She's doing it and making people laugh and giving people joy. And it's based in LA. Watching Insecure only further cemented my dreams of wanting to live in LA.
B + C: How did you hear about the Office Depot scholarship?
One of my friends that I met through Camp No Counselors saw an IG ad for it and nominated me.
B + C: What has receiving the scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start/grow your business?
It's completely helped me level up and take my business to another level. Selfmade helped me host my first virtual event and taught me how to set up my website to sell tickets to events and get RSVPs.
B + C: How have Office Depot services or products helped you accomplish more in your business?
I got new cards to send in all of my orders with my discount code on them. I also bought a really cool 4K camera that I now use for my social media.
Let Office Depot OfficeMax help you stand out in the crowd. From signs, posters & banners to promote your business, to marketing materials to keep your customers informed, Office Depot OfficeMax offers a full suite of business services & solutions to help you & your business get noticed.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.