When that cheeseburger craving hits, you *have* to satiate it immediately. You probably have the cheese in your fridge, and you’re bound to have a pound or two of ground beef in the back of your freezer, but the one thing you might be missing is the buns that hold everything together. No need to rush out to the grocery store; you can satisfy your burger needs with one of these 13 bunless recipes. Whether you want to eliminate the carbs altogether with a cheeseburger salad or you would rather have an out-of-the-box casserole, there’s a recipe for you. Scroll down for all the juicy goodness.
1. Bacon Cheeseburger Wraps: When you want to make burgers lunch-friendly, a wrap is a great idea. To make it easier to eat, break up the ground beef and brown with bacon instead of forming into patties. (via Life in the Lofthouse)
2. All American Bacon Cheeseburger Dip: Beware: This dip is nothing short of addicting. It’s warm, cheesy, and covered with all of the usual burger toppings you love in one satisfying scoop. (via The Cookie Rookie)
3. Cheeseburger Lettuce Wraps: The meat and cheese are the best parts of a burger anyway, so who needs the bland bun? Wrap it up in a leaf of iceberg lettuce to keep the carbs at a minimum. (via Life in the Lofthouse)
4. Cheeseburger Egg Rolls: These Americanized egg rolls are the perfect party nosh that everyone will love. Serve with Thousand Island dressing for dipping and that classic drive-thru burger taste. (via Will Cook for Smiles)
5. Cheeseburger Party Meatballs: Meatballs are a must at any gathering, but when burger season rolls around, the cheeseburger version is where it’s at. Before placing them on a toothpick, melt American cheese over the top and garnish with a baby gherkin. (via Recipe Tin Eats)
6. Cheeseburger Salad Bowls: Pickles, onions, tomato, lettuce, ketchup, and mustard all sound like loaded cheeseburger material. All you’re missing is that pesky bun. Pile everything in a big bowl and you can chow down without worrying about dropping toppings all over your new top. (via Food, Faith, Fitness)
7. Cheeseburger Soup Recipe: When the weather isn’t quite right for grilling, this comforting soup will be a much-loved alternative. It’s rich and savory with a bright finish from chopped pickles and fresh parsley. (via She Wears Many Hats)
8. Cheeseburger Tots: There’s no need to fuss with making a cheeseburger with a side of fries when you can combine the two in these crispy tater tot cups. They’re unbelievably easy and the kids will go crazy for this fun dinner idea. (via Home Made Interest)
9. Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza With Dill Pickle Aioli: When arguing with your date over whether to go get pizza or burgers, the solution is simple. Stay at home, pour a couple of beers, and make this bacon cheeseburger pizza together. (via My Modern Cookery)
10. One-Pot Cheeseburger Casserole: If you grew up eating Hamburger Helper for dinner, this casserole will be a blast from the past. This updated version has gooey cheddar and is topped with fresh tomatoes and green onions. (via Damn Delicious)
11. Bacon Cheeseburger Pie: This cheeseburger and shepherd’s pie hybrid will be a lifesaver on busy weeknights. It freezes beautifully, so prepare a few extra to bring out for emergencies. (via eMeals)
13. Big Mac Salad: If you want to get your family eating more salads, make them this Big Mac-inspired salad that they’ll gobble right up. On top of being delicious, it gets major bonus points for being sugar-free, low-carb, and gluten-free. (via Wholesome Yum)
Follow us on Pinterest for more fun recipes!