23 Mouthwatering Burger Recipes for National Burger Day
Graduations are coming to an end, you’re breaking out your fun pool floats and everyone is grilling up their signature burgers — that’s right, summer is officially upon us. Every year, May 28 marks National Burger Day, a holiday that most people are pretty happy exists. Coincidentally (or not), it coincides with Memorial Day weekend, meaning you have the perfect excuse to grill up all of your favorite summer burger recipes (and favorite side dish Mexican corn elote). If you’re stuck in a burger rut, don’t worry — we have 23 mouthwatering burgers you’ll love, whether you’re vegan or as carnivorous as they come. Grab an iced tea and settle in, because the following recipes will give you serious burger FOMO.
1. Classic Bacon and Cheese Burger: Sometimes, simplicity is key. Fancy cheese and gourmet toppings have a time and a place, but a classic bacon cheeseburger never goes out of style. (via Simply Delicious Food)
2. Southern BBQ Pork Burgers: Why choose between having pulled pork or a burger when you can just have both? Pile high with creamy slaw and extra BBQ sauce for a one-stop meal. (via Spicy Southern Kitchen)
3. BBQ Bacon Western Burgers: There’s no reason onion rings should be relegated to a measly side dish. Top your thick Angus burger with a few rings for a texture and flavor that’s almost too good to be true. (via Tastes Lovely)
4. Beef Burgers With Mushrooms and Chipotle Mayo: This health-conscious burger combines lean ground beef with quinoa and mushrooms, so you’re getting the benefits of both animal and plant protein. Show off your work of art by serving on homemade buns. (via Bibby’s Kitchen)
5. Stuffed Smokey Black Bean Veggie Burgers: These may look like regular beef burgers, but they’re actually full of beans and veggies. The addition of smoked paprika and liquid smoke give them that flavor you would find in a typical burger, but without any meat. (via Elemental Custard)
6. Caramelized Onion Arugula Burger: Garlic and herbs flavor this burger from the inside out, while the caramelized onions bring a slow-cooked sweetness to the sandwich. Finish it off with peppery arugula and the contrast of flavors will blow your mind. (via Munchkin Time)
7. Coffee Rubbed Burgers With Dr. Pepper BBQ Sauce: Coffee on our burger? Yes, please! With thick-cut peppered bacon and a flavorful Dr. Pepper BBQ sauce, this burger is NOT for the faint of heart. (via The Chunky Chef)
8. Filthy Burger (Beef, Barbecue Pulled Pork and Bacon Burgers): You’re probably used to seeing bacon or pulled pork on top of a burger, but what about mixed into the ground beef? While the burger is cooking, the bacon and pulled pork are infusing the whole patty with their flavor, creating a taste experience like no other. (via Foodie With Family)
9. Greek Burgers: Fresh toppings like cucumber, tomato and feta allow for the pure flavor of this burger to really shine. Creamy tzatziki would be a great topping for these Greek-inspired patties. (via The Ruby Kitchen)
10. BBQ Havarti Burgers With Sweet Potato Curly Fries: Grab a bib, because this burger doesn’t care if it ruins your favorite summer dress. Crispy sweet potato fries are definitely the perfect topping for this over-the-top masterpiece of a sandwich. (via How Sweet It Is)
11. Grilled Pineapple Hawaiian Burgers: Grilling your fruit intensifies the sweetness, giving it a caramelized char-grilled flavor that goes perfectly on top of a burger. Tangy Swiss cheese is a nice balance to the richness of the meat, but you could also use something like a white cheddar if you prefer. (via Joanie Simon)
12. Jalapeño Turkey Burgers With Grilled Corn Cotija Salsa and Avocado: Take your burgers south of the border with this spicy recipe. Using ground turkey lightens up the meal, but doesn’t skimp on the flavor. (via Spices in My DNA)
13. Ranch Burgers With Secret Sauce: Craving that classic burger taste with a certain “special sauce”? No need to hop in the car to hit up the drive-thru — this one will do the trick and then some. (via Lil’ Luna)
14. Red Wine Cheeseburgers: Nothing will soothe your soul more than a juicy burger soaked in a red wine reduction. SLAY. Caramelized onions complete the dream, but if you really want to make it a meal to remember… add bacon. (via Jennifer Meyering)
15. Salmon Burgers With Pickled Onion and Lemon Garlic Mayo: If fish is more your speed, you can’t go wrong with a salmon burger. Lemon and pickled onion both add a tart freshness that pairs perfectly with this bright sandwich. (via Southern Boy Dishes)
16. Salsa Chicken Burgers With Cilantro-Avocado Sauce: Ground chicken is a great blank canvas to build your burger around. Since it doesn’t have a distinct flavor, you can really play with fun ingredients that pack a serious punch, like salsa and guacamole. (via Back to Her Roots)
17. Spicy Chickpea Veggie Burgers With Jalapeño and Zucchini: These burgers may be made entirely of veggies and beans, but they’re a winner for meat eaters and vegetarians alike. Topped with a honey-lime slaw and Sriracha mayo, the flavors here are finger-licking good. (via Peas and Crayons)
18. Cheeseburgers With Stout-Glazed Bacon, Crispy Onions and Sriracha Aioli: You might call this burger high maintenance — a diva, if you will. But sometimes a diva is just what we all need. These would be great served to company with a stout on the side. (via Yes to Yolks)
19. Surf ‘N’ Turf Sliders: Date night surf ‘n’ turf doesn’t have to mean expensive filet and lobster tail. A good quality beef burger, fried jumbo shrimp and roasted asparagus are all you need for a special and delicious meal. Genius. (via The Candid Appetite)
20. Super Juicy Teriyaki Burger: These thick six-ounce burgers are so juicy and flavorful, you won’t believe how easy they are to make. Brie or blue cheese works best with the teriyaki sauce, but feel free to sub in whatever you prefer. (via Hapa Nom Nom)
21. Lentil Walnut Burgers: Lentils are a great option for vegan burgers. The resulting texture is similar to that of ground meat, and they hold together well while cooking. Whip up a quick avocado ranch to drizzle on top and chow down! (via Vegan Richa)
22. Whiskey Beef Sliders With Caramelized Onions, Bacon and Homemade Buns: Slider buns are pretty easy to find these days, but if you want a truly bite-sized burger, you may want to make them yourself. The good news is homemade buns are easier to make than you would think and are SO worth the effort, especially if you’re serving them at a dinner party, which these burgers are made for. (via Cooks With Cocktails)
23. Asian Turkey Burgers With Kimchi: The star of this recipe is definitely the crunchy homemade kimchi gracing the top. Each ingredient is perfectly coordinated to enhance the flavors without competing with one another. If you’re a fan of Asian cuisine, this is your burger. (via The Gourmet RD)
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy + delicious recipe ideas.
- 'Animal-Style' In-N-Out Burger Recipe ›
- How to Make Veggie Burgers for Your Super Bowl Party - Brit + Co ›
- 15 Burgers to Drool Over — Then Grill — for the 4th of July and ... ›
- 14 Veggie Burgers That Won't Crumble on the Grill - Brit + Co ›
- 11 of the Craziest Hamburgers You Need to Try in Your Life - Brit + Co ›
- 13 Copycat Burger Recipes You Can Easily Make at Home - Brit + Co ›
- 19 Very Delicious Veggie Burger Recipes - Brit + Co ›
- 18 Gourmet *Winter* Burgers to Warm You Up at Dinner - Brit + Co ›
- 18 Burger Recipes for a Weekend of Flippin' Good Grilling - Brit + Co ›
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.