Nothing is better than pizza. Nothing. It’s the holy grail of all the dishes, and it solves most of life’s problems. It will always be there for you in those tough times of need. Plus, you can put vegetables on it, so that makes it healthy, right? Right. So, if we love pizza this much, why don’t we cook it at home more often? It takes no time at all, and it’s fun to make with your friends, kiddos or significant other. With a cast-iron skillet, store-bought dough and all the cheese you can imagine, you can easily make delicious pizza at home for the fraction of the price.
Ingredients: (A 10-inch cast-iron skillet makes 1 pizza pie)
— 2 bags pizza dough (depends on skillet size)
— 1 tablespoon olive oil
— 1/2 cup tomato sauce
— 2 cups cheese
— 1/4 cup sliced onions
— 1/2 tomato
— 1 handful arugula
1. Take dough out of the fridge to let thaw for at least 20 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Pour half of the oil in to the cast iron skillet.
4. Manipulate dough with your hands so it touches all sides of the skillet.
5. Drizzle remaining oil on top of the dough and evenly spread it all over.
6. Top with tomato sauce and toppings.
7. Place in oven for 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
8. Pull skillet out from the oven and let the pizza cool for 5 minutes.
After you let the dough thaw for at least 20 minutes and preheat the oven to 475, pour half of the oil in to the cast iron skillet and onto your hands to help manage the dough.
Spread out the dough so it touches all sides of the skillet.
Drizzle the rest of the oil on top of the dough and evenly spread it all over. Then, top with tomato sauce and toppings of your choice!
Place in the oven for 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. If you’re making it with your kids, it’s always fun to turn on the oven light and watch it as it cooks.
Pull the skillet out of the oven and let the pizza cool for five minutes. It’ll smell so good!
With pizza this gorgeous, who needs friends? Just kidding! Invite them over and have a pizza party :)
Are you thinking of cooking pizza this weekend? Share your photos with the hashtags #britstagram and #iamcreative.