25 Unusual Pizza Topping Recipes You’ll Love at First Bite
As everyone’s favorite sarcastic ’90s teen Daria once said, “There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can’t be improved with pizza.” We couldn’t agree more. From floating in the pool to sending out emojis, we’ve never met a pizza we didn’t like (although the jury is still out on pizza-scented nail polish). The best thing about pizza, aside from automatically putting us in a better mood, is that there are endless ways to enjoy it. If you’re looking to try a new slice of pie, here are 25 unique pizzas you’ll totally want to bake up this weekend.
1. Chicken Tikka Masala Pizza: If you use Seamless to order takeout more than you’d like to admit, get creative and find a way to make use of those leftovers before you open up the app again tonight. This exotic dish may just inspire you to get a little more use out of your oven. (via Rasa Malaysia)
2. Beet Pesto Pizza With Goat Cheese: Beets and goat cheese is one combination we can’t get enough of. In this case, sub basil for beets in your pesto sauce for a pairing that is creamy and delicious. (via The Roasted Root)
3. Caramelized Onions, Apples, and Goat Cheese Pizza: Apples and onions may not sound like an ideal match, but when baked, they mix together to create a flavor palette that is interestingly sweet and savory. Add a little thyme and a drizzle of honey and you have yourself a perfectly sweet and fresh pizza you’ll want to serve all summer. (via Jessica in the Kitchen)
4. Thanksgiving Leftover PIzza: Thanksgiving will be faster than we think but also who says you can't add a little cranberry and turkey before then? Here's the perfect leftover recipe to use up all your holiday fixings. (via Brit + Co)
5. Strawberry Balsamic Pizza With Chicken, Sweet Onion, and Applewood Bacon: This blogger raided her almost-empty fridge one night, and in a jam, created quite possibly the most unique pizza we have ever feasted our eyes on. (via The Cafe Sucre Farine)
6. Raspberry Mascarpone Pizza: With a lemon custard, doughy crust and raspberry topping, this dessert is a delicious treat, but still light enough that you won’t feel too guilty afterward. (via Tablespoon)
8. Pizza Nachos: Or Nachos Pizza? We *sometimes* wish you had a little bit of a crunch. Solution? Add nachos! With a doughy crust and crunchy tortillas, this combo is going to blow your mind. (via Brit + Co)
9. Chipotle Cajun Shrimp and Guacamole Pizza: Guacamole on pizza sounds kinda weird, but trust us; dalloped on a bed of gooey cheese and spicy cajun shrimp, it may just be one of the best things you’ve ever eaten. (via Half Baked Harvest)
10. Shrimp Fra Diavolo Pizza: Two of our favorite Italian dishes (pasta and pizza) join forces in this recipe to make one deliciously spicy pie. Paired with your favorite bottle of wine, it’s just the thing for your next date night in. (via Gimme Some Oven)
11. Jalapeño Popper Pizza: Instead of buying a box of frozen jalapeño poppers for your next sports night, whip up a few jalapeño popper pizzas for you and your friends to snack on. (via Damn Delicious)
13. Cookies ‘n’ Creme Dessert Pizza: This rich and creamy dessert pizza is a cookies ‘n’ creme cookie topped with cream cheese frosting, chocolate chips, crumbled cookies, and white chocolate. Basically, you’ll want to keep this recipe on hand for those days when you have a sweet tooth that just can’t seem to be satisfied. (via Girl Versus Dough)
14. Deep Dish Apple Pizza: Just like the classic, except rather than a buttery crust, you get a soft pizza dough. We’re gonna take a wild guess and say this will probably be delicious fresh out of the oven with a big scoop of ice cream on top. (via Brown Sugar)
15. Grilled Blackberry Pizza With Goat Cheese, Pistachios, and Honey: This pie is grilled rather than baked. Serve this savory sweet snack at your next backyard BBQ or pool party. (via Artisan Bread in Five)
16. Chicken Enchilada Pizza: Packed with avocado, jalapeño, chiles, chicken, and much, much more, this pizza is the ultimate substitute if you’re burnt out on celebrating Taco Tuesday. (via How Sweet It Is)
17. Beer Battered Fried Calamari Pizza: If one of your favorite appetizers to order at dinner is deep-fried calamari, then you’ll totally want to try this. Topped with banana peppers and a spicy-creamy hot sauce, it’s basically an explosion of deliciousness in your mouth. (via Bev Cooks)
18. Grilled Peach Pizza With Prosciutto: Peaches are an unexpectedly scrumptious pairing for any savory dish, especially when grilled. The smokey sweetness of the peach mixed with the salt-cured prosciutto and fresh basil leaves are a to-die-for combination. (via Martha Stewart)
19. Chocolate Raspberry Pizza: Okay, so this is just a giant chocolate cookie covered in white chocolate, raspberries, and crunchy almonds. Could there be a better dessert pizza? We think not. (via Dessert for Two)
22. Blackberry Ricotta Pizza With Basil: Ricotta cheese is one of the richest, most velvety, creamiest cheeses out there, so it’s no surprise that it tastes AMAZING alongside a dessert favorite such as blackberries. The basil in this recipe throws in an herbaceous twist, making this pizza a perfect choice for refined palettes. (via The Food Charlatan)
23. Marinated Kale and Whipped Ricotta Pizza: This healthy and fresh creation features hand-rolled dough and marinated kale. What’s the kale marinated in, you ask? Olive oil, honey, and chili garlic paste — talk about a winning trio of flavors. (via How Sweet Eats)
24. Sausage, Apple, and Thyme Breakfast Pizza: As if the idea of breakfast pizza wasn’t creative enough, this gourmet brekky is made with flavors that will knock your socks off. Apple sausage, smoked gouda, mozzarella, gala apple slices, onion, and thyme come together for a truly game-changing pizza pie. (via Recipe Runner)
25. Bacon and Eggs Breakfast Pizza With Hash Brown Crust: In this option, we have an extra bonus for you. This pizza isn't *just* creative in its toppings, it also features an unconventional crust option: hash browns. (via Get Inspired Everyday)
For more yummy pizza recipes and toppings, follow us on Pinterest.
This article has been updated from a previous post.
- 16 Dessert Pizza Recipes That Are a Little Slice of Heaven - Brit + Co ›
- 18 Grilled Pizza Recipes That Bring Pizza Night Outside - Brit + Co ›
- 14 Meatless Pizza Recipes That Prove You're Not Missing a Thing ... ›
- 17 Rustic Veggie Pizzas to Liven Up Your Meatless Monday - Brit + Co ›
- This Cloud Pizza Recipe Makes Being Keto Dreamy - Brit + Co ›
- Want an Excuse to Eat Pizza at Halloween? Make Mummy Pizzas ... ›
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)