6 Celebrities Who Will Inspire Your Next Dramatic Haircut
Spring is the season of new beginnings. Sure, that saying was primarily meant in regards to plant life, but who says it can’t also apply to hairstyles? If you made a dramatic cut earlier in the year or late in 2014, why not freshen up your style by going a little bit shorter? Save that awkward growing-out phase for next winter when you go back into hibernation mode. If you’re in need of a little motivation to jump into a second chop, look to these celebs who recently went from short to shorter and totally rocked it.
1. Sarah Hyland: From long to medium to super short! Sarah wins the award for the most talked about cut of this week. Last week Sarah posted a snap of her with medium hair alongside the caption, “Last week I got my extensions out!! It’s lob time!” But then, she recreated the same shot in her hair salon a few days ago debuting an even shorter style. This time she wrote, “Aaaaand it’s gone. Summer hair!” Either Hyland is forgetting which season we’re heading into or she’s just getting a super early jump start on that summer style. (Photos via @therealsarahhyland)
2. Vanessa Hudgens: Vanessa has been slowly shortening her trademark long locks since early last year. The actress took to Instagram last week to share her shortest ‘do yet. Coining the term BB, she wrote, “Who needs a lob when you can have a bb (blunt bob)!!” We’re fans of both cuts, but we love the flattering angle her new chop is creating. (Photos via Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty and @vanessahudgens)
3. Lena Dunham: This isn’t Lena Dunham’s first time in the pixie game. Who can forget that epic Girls finale when she had a bit of a mental breakdown and chopped it all off on-screen? Since then Lena has been growing it out and rocking a short bob, but it looks like she missed the ultra-short ‘do. She debuted the look on Late Night With Seth Meyers and also on her Instagram. The low-maintenance gal captioned the snap saying, “Zero prep required with my new ‘do by my hair’s soulmate.” (Photos via Jason Merritt/Getty and @lenadunham)
4. Lauren Conrad: LC traded her famously long locks for a lob late last year. After she made the dramatic transition, it seems that wasn’t quite short enough for her. She returned to her stylist soon after to take things from a lob to a choppy bob. Obviously her look just wouldn’t be complete with some perfectly Californian beach waves. (via @laurenconrad and @kristen_ess)
5. Lily Collins: Deciding which cut we like more is kind of like asking us to choose our favorite ice cream flavor – we just can’t do it. The actress has been rocking a shorter ‘do for awhile but apparently was looking for something a little more dramatic – and boy did she get it! Her newest cut is edgy, glamorous and super sexy. We’re getting some serious Victoria Beckham vibes here. (Photos via Pascal Vittorio Zunino Celotto/Le Segretain/Getty)
6. Kristen Wiig: Funny lady Kristen Wiig first showed off a stylish shorter cut at this year’s Golden Globes. Her cut then (left) doesn’t have much of an angle or many layers. Her most recent cut (right) is slightly shorter — a borderline grown-out pixie. If you’re unsure about chopping off your hair, her newest look might be a slightly scary option, as there isn’t really a way to hide it if you’re not a fan. Howver, if you’re looking to shorten your bob, her style could be just what your spring look needs. (Photos via Jason Merritt/Kevin Winter/Getty)
Are you thinking about making a second cut? Share your spring haircut ideas with us in the comments below.