It’s undeniable that music brings people together, regardless of whether you’re a hip hop queen or prefer to sing along with the smooth sounds of John Legend. Music always puts us in a good mood and award show season gives us even more reason to celebrate with the Grammys. It’s a time to gather with your friends and gush over all the beautiful gowns on the red carpet, then root for your favorite artists while munching on some appetizers and sipping a delicious beverage or two. Whip up some cocktails inspired by your most beloved celebrity nominee this year. From Kayne to Ed Sherran, these seven cocktails will make your Grammys party one to remember.
1. Cinnamon Blueberry Old Fashioned: A timeless classic with an unexpected twist, this cocktail is perfect for sipping while cheering for the handsome singer (and father-to-be!) who’s nominated for three Grammys in two different categories. Combine bourbon, blueberry juice, sparkling water and a tasty cinnamon simple syrup then make sure you have those pinkies up! (via U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council)
Florence and The Machine
2. Rose Grey Goose Cocktail: This drink may look dainty but it definitely packs a punch thanks to the Grey Goose and black raspberry liqueur, making it fitting for a Florence and The Machine fangirl. A dash of rose syrup and a flower petal garnish make this cocktail delicious and so fun to drink. (via Kate Lavie)
3. Mint + Ginger Ale Hennessy: Simple and strong, this easy-to-make cocktail will have you dancing along to all the Grammy performances after one sip. Made with Hennessy and a splash of ginger ale, this is one drink that means business just like master lyricist Kendrick Lamar. He’s nominated for a whopping 11 Grammys including Album of the Year and Best Pop Duo alongside our girl T-Swift. (via Cocktail Hunter)
4. Bombay Lemonade: Thanks to an entire song about this gin and lemonade combination, there’s no denying that this is a drink Wiz Khalifa would sip without hesitation. So it’s only natural that you mix up a few for you and your friends to enjoy while rooting for the Song of the Year nominee. (via A Brown Table)
5. Glamour Shot: “Your drink is great and all and I’mma let you finish, but here’s the real winner…” Someone as glamorous and stylish as Mr. West deserves only the best. And since these shots are made with Baileys, Goldschlager cinnamon schnapps and rimmed with edible gold flakes, we think the “Gold Digger” singer and best rap performance nominee would definitely approve. (via The Style and Beauty Doctor)
6. Irish Whiskey Punch: Plan a Grammys watching party and mix up a big batch of this whiskey and green tea punch for everyone to enjoy. The Jameson Whiskey, ginger ale and green tea combination is the perfect beverage to enjoy while keeping your fingers crossed that Irish superstar (and total ginger hottie) Ed Sheeran takes home the gold. (via Sugar and Charm)
7. Tropical Glam Cocktail: Root for the four-time Grammy nominee with a drink that’s as colorful and over-the-top as she is. This delicious drink is made with sparkling purple vodka, moscato and a splash of pineapple juice, but you could always add a drop of purple food coloring if all you can find is regular vodka. Garnish with lemon and orange wedges and a sprig of fresh mint. (via Viniq)
How do you plan on preparing for the Grammys? Will any of our celebrity-inspired cocktails make the menu? Join the discussion on Twitter and let us know @britandco.