21 Birthday Gift Ideas for Your Celebrity-Obsessed Bestie
We all have (or are) that starstruck, celeb-obsessed friend who always manages to bump into someone famous on the street, grocery store or at an expertly scheduled run-in based on the tagged locale on their latest Instagram post (#jkkinda). Whether you have a celeb-obsessed BFF with a birthday coming up or need creative favor ideas for your celeb-themed party, these hilarious gifts inspired by our most beloved and notorious celebrities will have all your pop-culture obsessed buds asking you to host *every* party from now on. Get ready for plenty of “Hotline Bling”and Adele references, because here are the ultimate 21 best friend birthday gifts for the celebrity-obsessed.
1. Jazzelli Designs Drake Sticker Set ($7+): You’ve seen meme after meme of the “Hotline Bling” singer hitting flaming tennis balls and swinging lightsabers. If you can’t get enough of Drizzy’s dance moves, the ultimate Drake sticker pack will meet all your decorating needs.
2. Urban Outfitters I Woke Up Like This Mug ($10): Pay homage to Queen B while letting everyone know you’re all about that #flawless lifestyle: rolling out of bed and out the door, makeup free and with a mane of a ‘do. Heck, no one can talk to you about confidence.
3. Wicked Custom Apparel 1-800-GOTTA-ZAYN Crewneck Sweatshirt ($15+): When it comes to parties, get-togethers and any kind of awkward situation… You’re all about pulling a Zayn so you can GTFO. Embrace your introverted side while staying cozy in this ultra comfy crewneck sweater that says it all.
4. Hello Hurra Lindsay Lohan Parent Trap T-Shirt ($18): ’90s kids everywhere can relate: LiLo practically shaped your childhood with her role as the troublemaking twins in The Parent Trap (1998). If you ever wished you were as posh as her Brit half or loved that PB + Oreo combo, this double-feature t-shirt is the one for you.
5. B+C Must Reads Color Me Good Cara Coloring Book ($13): Cara Delevingne reminded everyone that models CAN have personality with her spunky ‘tude and crazy faces. Now you can color in the fab supermodel in this contemporary coloring book of 32 pages.
6. B+C Must Reads Color Me Swoon ($15): You’re a sucker for chiseled jaw-lines and chest hair, which means you’re probably a sucker for this coloring book filled with over 60 swoon-worthy guys. Forget your priorities and color your troubles away with hotties that include the likes of Ryan Gosling, Brad Pitt, Will Smith and George Clooney. Mhmmm.
7. Justin Timberlake Shop Drink You Away Shot Glass ($15): Recovering from a heartbreak? Easy, as long as you can sip from these shot glasses. There’s nothing a little JT + Jack can’t fix.
8. Perks of Aurora EW! Mug ($18): Rep your favorite sketch on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon with this mug featuring Fallon as character Sara. “And if you’re wondering, that’s S-A-R-A, with no H, because H’s are ew!”
9. Skphil Fat Amy Crushed It ($26): You memorized every lyric, every line in Pitch Perfect. Now you can channel your love for acapella or just the most hilarious character ever with this tee featuring Rebel Wilson as Fat Amy with her famous quote, “Crushed it.”
10. Mug for your Home Hello It’s Tea Mug Adele Coffee Cup ($9): Commuters everywhere have Adele to thank for making those long rides a little more bearable. Her undeniably soulful music has made you feel things you’ve never felt before, for an S.O. that you maybe never had. If that sounds familiar, this “Hello it’s tea” mug is the one for you, regardless of whether you like tea or not.
11. Beyoncé Shop Conversational Tote ($25): Since making quite the statement with her “Formation” Superbowl halftime performance and MV, Bey’s merch game has never been stronger. Not only does the song strive to empower black culture, the extremely quotable lyrics have also found their way onto everything from hats to totes.
12. Zazzle Celebrity Eyebrows Throw Pillow ($37): Keep your brow game in check while giving your bed or couch some #onfleek decor with this pillow that’s decked out in celeb brows. Featuring iconic brows like those of Edie Sedgwick and Marilyn Monroe, this pillow is the decor must-have for beauty-lovers everywhere.
13. SunnyLife Inflatable Swan ($70): Floats are the raging new pool essential this spring and summer. Ever since Taylor Swift and beau Calvin Harris were snapped on Instagram on a swan float, the lucky bird floaty has been seen everywhere from UO to Sunnylife.
14. Obsessories LA Justin Bieber Stud Earrings ($10): Since killin’ it with hits like “What do you mean?” and “Sorry,” JB has shed his tween-heartthrob persona to assume the role of grown-up stud. Whether you’re an old Belieber or a new one, flaunt your support of the star with these Bieber stud earrings.
15. Sassy Celebs Leonardo DiCaprio Sticker Set ($2): The *Oscar-winning* actor seems to only get better with age. If his face is the one you want to see on your planner, desk, window or even pillow… This Leo sticker pack is the one for you.
16. Hello Hurra Miley Cyrus T-Shirt ($18): You gotta give it to her: Miley Cyrus knows how to turn heads, with her controversial MV’s and infamous tongue-wagging. Now you can turn heads too with this attention-grabbing t-shirt featuring a compilation of Miley’s tongues.
17. Loyal Ninja Miley Expressions Sticker Pack ($4): The great thing about this sticker pack of Miley’s facial expressions is it can literally transform anything boring into something eye-catching. Say goodbye to plain ol’ phone cases or notebook covers with this new decorative must-have.
18. Headline Shirts National Treasure T-Shirt ($28): Nicholas Cage, oh Nicholas Cage. This *national treasure* king of meme faces is now yours to keep on this vintage style printed tee.
19. RedBubble Party Hardy T-Shirt ($25): Let ‘em know where the party’s at with this “Party Hardy” tee. If Tom Hardy’s English accent gets you weak in the knees, this shirt is practically already yours.
20. RedBubble Team DiCaprio Studio Pouch ($22): From Titanic to the Revenant, there’s nothing that this man of many talents can’t do, including finding a way into your heart. This polyester pouch lets everyone know whose team you’re on, while giving you a handy place to store all your pens or makeup.
21. RedBubble Uncle Jessie’s Girl ($26): There’s no denying John Stamos had major *sex-appeal* even from his Uncle Jessie days. If you’ve ever fantasized playing Mr. Katsopolis’ love interest on Full House, this phone case is the one for you.
Did we forget your celeb crush? Tweet us @BritandCo to let us know which celeb merch you’ll be rocking!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.”
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.