How To Make Celebrity Crush Cookies For Valentine’s Day
We all know that we wish we could be spending our Valentine’s Day with our celebrity crushes, and since that’s unlikely to happen, we’re showing you the next best thing: these DIY celebrity crush cookies. Yes please. This dessert is super customizable, which means you can share your Valentine’s Day with whomever you choose. Stick to the classic V-Day red and pink or branch out with your favorite shades of the rainbow. Keep reading for the how-to.
- Red and pink fondant
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Small cup of water
- Letter stamping kit or a cookie stamping kit
- Heart shaped cookie cutter
- Rolling pin
- Unused paint brush
- In a small bowl, mix together flour and salt. Set aside. In another bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Add in the sugar and vanilla, and mix until combined.
- Combine the flour mixture with the butter mixture and mix until a dough is formed. Split the dough in half and flatten to form disk shapes. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Dust your surface with flour and roll out the dough to 1/4-inch thickness. With your heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out your cookies and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges start to turn golden.
- Roll out your pink and red fondant to 1/8-inch thickness on a floured surface. Cut out heart shapes with the same cookie cutter and use your letter stamping kit to stamp the names of celebrity heartthrobs into the fondant.
- Once your cookies are completely cooled, flip over the fondant heart and apply water to the back of the heart using a small brush. Flip the heart back over and stick it on your cookie.
When cutting out the fondant, dusting your cookie cutter with a little bit of flour will keep it from sticking to the edges of the fondant.
Painting water on the back of the fondant heart is totally optional, but it will adhere the fondant to the cookie and prevent it from slipping off!
And there you have it. We'll take a "Leo" and a "Nick" please.
We’ll only be taking our cookies with our crushes’ names on them from now on.
Serve with a glass of milk or your favorite hot cocoa.
Who is the celebrity you’re crushing on the most right now? Share with us @BritandCo.
This post has been updated.
- Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard Are Having the Age-Old Furniture War Couples Can Relate To ›
- This Ryan Gosling Lookalike Has Fans Shook ›
- 7 Celebrity Sequin Outfits That Were Made for Holiday Parties ›
- 21 Birthday Gift Ideas for Your Celebrity-Obsessed Bestie ›
- How to Make Celebrity Heartthrob Valentine’s Day Cookies ›