16 Celebrity Hairstyles That Will Make You Want a Side Part
When it comes to hair, we’re all about mixing it up. Whether it’s killer curls, full-blown body or amazing braids, we’ve pretty much tried it all. Something we’ve been eyeing recently is the sassy side part, especially on our fave celebs. So ditch the center part, and take a look at these celebs who totally rock a bold side part.
1. Emma Stone: Our girl Emma Stone not only owns the red hair, but she also can pull off a side part with the best of them. Add a few waves to polish a ‘do like this. (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
2. Jennifer Aniston: Jennifer Aniston might as well be included in every hair post, because, well, her locks are almost as famous as she is. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
3. Julianne Hough: We can’t get enough of this DWTS star’s blonde bob, but we’re also loving the not-so-perfect side part. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
4. Lea Michele: Achieve Lea’s sideswept style by combing your hair away from your face and pulling it all to one side. It’s that easy! (Photo via Valerie Macon/Getty)
5. Amy Adams: Next time you go to the salon, take this pic of Amy Adams and you’ll end up with one fabulous, pin straight, parted look. (Photo via Ian Gavan/Getty)
6. Tia Mowry: Style your side part by tucking one side behind your hair — it adds such a chic touch. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
7. Selena Gomez: Opt for statement earrings to take your side part to the next level. Oh, and don’t forget about the red lip. (Photo via Angela Weiss/Getty)
8. Lauren Conrad: We basically love everything about LC (err, LT) and that doesn’t stop at her not-so-centered bob. (Photo via Sarah Hummert/Getty)
9. Kerry Washington: Everyone envies our favorite Scandal character’s fashion sense, but we also can’t stop looking at her sleek ‘do. (Photo via Pascal Le Segretain/Getty)
10. Penelope Cruz: How beautiful are Penelope Cruz’s long locks? Try parting your hair on the side, then add a half up, half down feature. (Photo via Carlos Alvarez/Getty)
11. Lucy Hale: Lucy Hale keeps her hair parted down the center on PLL, but she rocks a side part IRL. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
12. Khloe Kardashian: The Kardashian clan is known for parting their hair exactly down the middle, but we appreciate when they switch it up a little bit. (Photo via Astrid Stawiarz/Getty)
13. Jennifer Hudson: We envy this American Idol star’s pixie cut, but we also have some serious side part envy. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
14. Scarlett Johanson: Who says side parts can’t be done with super short hair? Scarlett Johansson is exhibit A that they can. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
15. Lo Bosworth: LC’s BFF totally rocks the edgy side part with a leather jacket and vibrant V-neck top. (Photo via Andrew H. Walker/Getty)
16. Taylor Swift: T-Swift’s hair is perfection. Part your hair towards the end of your eyebrow and add a few loose waves to get this hairstyle. (Photo via Larry Busacca/Getty)
What’s your favorite way to wear your hair? Share your thoughts in the comments.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.