5 Best Apps of the Week: A Coloring App for Adults + More!
In lieu of fireworks, how about some new apps to add the necessary bang to your weekend?! With today’s best apps of the week, I’m helping you tap into your inner artist, become the foodie within, blossom into the event planner you’ve been tasked to become and, heck, there’s even one in there that will make you a more knowledgable and fashionable meteorologist than Al Roker and Sam Champion combined. This app roundup is all the #squadgoals your phone’s homescreen needs.
1. Colorfy: As Presidents of both the Joanna Basford and Coloring for Adults fan clubs, our free time has gotten a lot more creative and a lot less about binge-watching (sorry, OITNB). For those times when you can’t bust out a coloring book and your Prismacolors (commute, waiting in line, sitting through your 14th wedding of the season etc) take out this app, which unlocks blank, intricately designed “pages” and digital colored pencils for you to get creative (and maybe even less stressed) with.
DL It: Free on iOS
2. Tossup: This is the app for the ideator (myself) who likes to try and plan dinners and other fun activities (also myself) with friends who have a lot of opinions, needs (all my friends!). A project from Microsoft Garage, this genius app lets you send your BFFs (aka that herd of cats you’re trying to corral) the options for where to go and when and they get to weigh in. *Note: To be fair, I am also the busy person who doesn’t check their voicemail in the above video.*
3. skyler: Planning your wardrobe for the day or week while you check the weather is a win and this app lets you do it without the help of Kim Kardashian. With a simple, minimal but luxe design, skyler shares the weather forecast (including hour-by-hour rain warnings) and pairs it with a shoppable outfit that you’ll wish was hanging up in your closet ready for you, already steamed thanks to your robot butler. Soon, my friends, soon.
DL It: Free on iOS
4. ChefsFeed: With a plug like “celebs like Aziz call it their favorite app,” this DL has always been on our radars, but the new makeover puts it in Tastemade-level leagues of paving the way for the now generation of foodies. With delectable content of the Yelp-like and Food Network-to-go-type varieties, ChefsFeed serves up food porn, recommendations and definitive “best ofs” from the people who know what they’re talking about. Chefs. The “WTF Are You Doing?” series is worth a watch as well.
5. SayWhat: A photo can be worth a thousand words, but each of the videos made through this app are meant to define just one. And not one you’d see spelled out by a smart 9-year-old via Scripps, these words are the ones you Google, top hit — Urban Dictionary. SayWhat has a social aspect as well, allowing you to nominate bae when that particular term is trending or challenge friends to submit a video providing context to a chosen word or phrase.
What apps did you download this week? Share below!