20 Chilled Soup Recipes to Help You Cool Off
Here’s something you probably already know: When it’s freezing outside we want to warm up, and when it’s incredibly hot we want to cool off. And since we’ve already covered wintery soups with some slurp-worthy recipes, plus warmer days are on their way, it seems about right for us to help you out with some of the chilled variety. If you haven’t had cold soup before, let us promise you that the hot stuff is quite delicious when served chilled. We’ve got 20 fantastic recipes to show you how to experience some straight from your own kitchen.
1. Chilled Fennel Soup With Buttered Walnuts: Fennel is one of those things that everyone forgets exists outside of restaurant salads. We’re bringing around some fennel awareness with this soup, topped with buttered walnuts. After one slurp of this, you won’t ever forget about fennel again. (via Framed Cooks)
3. Mix + Match Melon Soup: Melons are the superstars of summer fruit, as depicted by this beautiful mix-and-match soup above. Check out how great cold soups look in beverage glasses. So good. (via The Nutrition Professor)
4. Apple, Carrot and Ginger Soup With Cashew Dukkah: Apples, carrots and ginger are basically the best combination of everything healthy. They go together in drinks, salads and now, a fancy soup. If you’re not sure what dukkah is, we looked it up for you: It’s an Egyptian blend of nuts and seeds, but that’s irrelevant at this point. You’re already sold on the idea that you just gotta try it. (via A Tale of Two Bougies)
5. Cold Asparagus Soup: Soups like this one are excellent for a post-workout snack because they’re both nutritious and light. This one in particular is a lean, mean, green machine. (via Vanilla and Spice)
7. Buttermilk Fennel Vichyssoise: Vichyssoise (pronounced vish-ee-swaaz) is traditionally a thick soup made up of a blend of leeks, onions, potatoes and cream. This one also features fennel, because why not. That fennel awareness movement is up and running, folks. (via Food52)
11. Watermelon Gazpacho: Please serve this gazpacho-in-a-glass at every single party you have all spring and summer long. And then invite us to every single party you have all spring and summer long. (via Green Kitchen Stories)
19. Chilled Corn Soup: Corn is the staple of any Midwestern celebration during the dog days. There are about a million ways to be creative with the glorious golden grain, and here’s #1,000,001. (via Sunday Suppers)
Which chilled soup is the coolest to you? Tell us in the comments below!
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.