When you think of soup, you probably imagine something hot enough to melt your icy exterior at the dinner table. But, you should still be able to enjoy the comfort food during the spring/summer. Enter: chilled soups. They’re usually veggie and fruit based and, no, they’re not like a smoothie bowl. They’re healthy, full of flavor, and, a lot of times, there’s no cooking involved. Read on for 14 chilled soups that *need* to be in your rotation.
1. Chilled Summer Beet Soup: Borscht isn’t the only beet-based soup you can make at home. This chilled beet-cucumber yogurt soup is light on the palate, and that magenta hue is positively easy on the eyes. (via Lonny)
2. Chilled Rosé and Watermelon Soup: Now you can rosé all day, and that includes your meals. When it’s so hot that you don’t want to turn the stove on, this refreshing watermelon soup will cool you from the inside. (via No Spoon Necessary)
3. Chilled Zucchini Basil Soup: When the weather turns warmer, you’ll be looking for new ways to prepare the buckets of zucchini you have in your garden. Store your spiralizer away for a few months and make this herbaceous zucchini soup on repeat. (via Gourmande in the Kitchen)
4. Spicy White Bean and Sweet Corn Gazpacho: Turn your usually red gazpacho yellow with the use of yellow tomatoes. White beans add lovely creaminess to the soup and corn provides a sweetness that can’t be matched. (via Vegetarian Ventures)
5. Cucumber Basil Avocado Gazpacho: Avocados take everything to the next level, and that’s definitely the case for this cucumber basil gazpacho. Serve alongside delicate tea sandwiches for the perfect spring lunch. (via Allyson Kramer)
6. Pea and Mint Soup: Don’t be deterred by bland pea soups that you may have had in the past. This crisp chilled version is beaming with flavorful fresh mint and swirled with a dollop of sour cream. (via Healthy Nibbles and Bits)
7. Peach Lemongrass Soup With Creme Fraiche: This fruity peach soup gets a bright kick from lemongrass. If you like things hot, you can even try adding a squirt of Sriracha to your bowl to spice it up. (via Boulder Locavore)
8. Chilled Persian Yogurt Soup: You’ve never had a soup quite like this. The multifaceted dish is filled with herbs, nuts, and raisins and infused with rose petals. Enjoy it with a side of grilled crusty bread and you’ll feel like you’re dining in the Middle East. (via Food and Wine)
9. Chilled Strawberry Soup: Whether you serve this as an appetizer or a light dessert course, this strawberry soup will delight your dinner party guests. If you want to add a slight savory element, garnish with spicy shredded radish. (via Beard and Bonnet)
10. Chilled Melon and Almond Soup: Since this soup is made with almond milk, it’s totally vegan-friendly. Serve in shot glasses garnished with paprika-dusted melon balls for an elegant spring shower appetizer. (via Tasty Mediterraneo)
11. Cold Shrimp Avocado Bisque: As if you didn’t have enough ways to obsess over avocado, here’s one more. If you’re craving a little meatiness, add sautéed shrimp, chopped green onions, and sun-dried tomatoes to the top of your soup. (via iFood Real)
12. Chilled Cream of Basil Soup With Corn and Cucumber Salad: You won’t find cream of basil soup in a can anytime soon, so you’ll just have to make it yourself. Stir a quick corn and cucumber salad in for texture or spoon it over toast to nosh on the side.
13. Tomato-Watermelon Gazpacho With Pistachios and Basil Oil: It doesn’t actually get any healthier than a chilled soup that’s raw, Paleo, vegan, gluten-free, *and* refined-sugar free. When you’re sipping on this during a sweltering day, your body will thank you. (via Love and Olive Oil)
14. Avocado Soup With Spicy Salsa: Instead of indulging in your usual Mexican night with the works, slurp on this avocado soup that’s topped with spicy salsa. The margarita is still permitted, obvi. (via The Spice Adventuress)
Follow us on Pinterest for more fresh spring recipe ideas.