15 Chocolate-for-Breakfast Recipes That Will Have You Hopping Out of Bed
Chocolate cake for breakfast is one of the latest and greatest in food fads. However, we don’t think you should limit yourself to cake. When it comes to chocolate, we encourage you to use it in ALL the ways, from nutritious smoothies to wholesome oatmeal bowls. Keep reading for 15 fudge-y breakfast recipes that will raise your morning spirits to new heights.
1. Chocolate-Hazelnut Overnight Steel Cut Oats: You will fall head-over-heels for the rich dark chocolate and crunchy roasted hazelnuts in this overnight option. Wake up to a ready-made breakfast that is cozy and satisfying in every way. (via 1 Big Bite)
2. Double Chocolate Pancakes: Sometimes you’ve got to treat yo’self, and there is no better way than to indulge in chocolatey goodness for breakfast. These cakes give you a double dose of the good stuff with cocoa powder and vegan chocolate chips. (via Allergylicious)
3. Cranberry White Chocolate Swirled Danishes: White chocolate, we see you — and you will not be ignored. If you have some leftover cranberry sauce in your pantry or freezer from the holidays, then you’ve got a perfect excuse to make a batch of these glorious danishes this weekend. (via Gringalicious)
4. Chocolate Pistachio Donuts: As far as we’re concerned, if you can buy a donut at a coffee shop in the wee hours of the a.m. then it is justifiably a breakfast option. These stunners are vegan, GF, and snub refined sugar, so they’re healthier. (via Danielle’s Kitchen)
7. Chocolate Quinoa Breakfast Bowl With Coconut and Blueberries: Chocolate and healthy don’t normally appear in the same sentence, but when describing this dish, they do. This vegan and GF breakfast bowl brings wholesome grains and fruit to the table for a well-balanced breakfast. (via Savory Tooth)
8. Gluten-Free Double Chocolate Teff Waffles: This nutty teff recipe will leave you with an awful craving for a waffle. To top things off (literally), the delish breakfast brings a generous drizzle of naturally sweetened coconut chocolate sauce to fill every little pocket. (via Light Orange Bean)
9. Chocolate Orange Chia Parfait: Get ready to swoon over this elegantly layered parfait. The rich essence of chocolate and the acidity of oranges play off of one another perfectly while sitting atop a handful of juicy pomegranate arils. (via Occasionally Eggs)
10. Five Ingredient Nutella Banana Bread: If your love for Nutella knows no bounds, this one’s for you. Bananas and chocolate were meant to be together, but the addition of our fave hazelnut spread kicks things up a few notches. (via Host the Toast)
11. Healthy Chocolate Baked Oatmeal: Cake for breakfast? Yup, we’re into it. This gem puts a bounce in your step by bringing whole grains and pumpkin puree to your breakfast table in the form of dessert. (via The Conscientious Eater)
12. Vegan Chocolate Velvet Smoothie Bowls: Bowl foods are going strong. Though grain bowls and Buddha bowls have taken the spotlight, the smoothie bowl can still impress — and this decadent serving is chocolatey proof. (via Bibby’s Kitchen at Thirty Six)
13. Chocolate Banana Breakfast Tartlets: We are going straight-up bananas over these morning delicacies. With a crust made up of rolled oats and pitted dates, this breakfast option is cocoa heaven. (via Full of Plants)
14. Clementine and Cocoa Overnight Oats: Nothing says rise and shine quite like an already-made breakfast boasting orange-y chocolate goodness. If there were ever a reason to hop out of bed *before* the alarm sounds off, this is it. (via The Foodie and the Fix)
15. Layered Chocolate Coconut Chia Pudding: You’re going to want to dig your spoon into this smooth and velvety breakfast pudding stat. With a healthy dose of protein, healthy fats, and fiber, this recipe contains zero added sugar. (via The Well Essentials)
Follow us on Pinterest for more exciting breakfast ideas.