20 Ultra Sleek Choker Necklaces
Remember back in the ’90s when it was rad to wear choker necklaces? We don’t know about you guys, but we had a ton of those plastic tattoo chokers in every color of the rainbow. Then there were those velvet ribbons with the little gem or pendant on ’em (think Natalie Portman in The Professionals or Brenda Walsh from 90210). This neck-hugging style can be ultra sleek… and it’s back. So here are 20 modern ways to bring chokers back into your lives.
2. Dannijo Prima Necklace ($347): If you’re looking for something a bit more edgy, opt for this rhinestone and teardrop shaped piece.
3. Rose Gold Plated Choker ($58): This lovely rose gold stunner almost looks like a blank canvas, but it’ll instantly up your jewelry game. It’s bold and beautiful.
4. Embossed Piece Metal Choker ($15): A studded choker may sound like you’ve just joined a gang — but in this case, it’s a pretty girl gang filled with super posh people.
6. Gold Braid Necklace ($110): We love when two of our favorite things come together to form an even better thing. In this case, it’s braids and gold chokers. This funky combo will dress up any plain white tee or add a golden touch to your dressy digs.
8. Vita Jet Choker ($22): This choker necklace leaves things open ended with tiny rhinestones and black spikes.
11. Molded Wire Choker ($328): A choker necklace that does all the layering for you? Sign us up.
12. Diamond Equilibrium Cuff Choker ($1,510): This is dainty jewelry at its finest. This impossibly skinny necklace makes us think that diamonds really are a girl’s best friend.
14. Americana Curved Golden Choker ($98): This basic beauty is straightforward and to the point. It’s also the easiest one to wear, because it’ll go with literally everything.
16. Organic Bronze Choker ($180): This organic bronze metal piece totally looks like a men’s shirt collar. Who knew buttoned-up could be this chic?
17. Hinged Choker ($98): This no-frills piece is smart and classy. We’re loving that little hinge detail, too!
18. Knot Choker ($495): As one of the most coveted accessories by fashion editors and style bloggers, this knot necklace is a staple when it comes to cool jewels.
19. Multiple Hoop Choker ($30): Everyone loves a Slinky, which is why everyone should love this hoop choker. The thin, light lines make for a truly interesting piece that remind us of one of our favorite childhood toys.
20. Bar + Bead Choker Necklace ($30): This is a modern take on those throwback chokers that feature pendants hanging off of velvet ribbons. Instead, you’ve got a thin metal beaded piece with dangling bars. So cool!
Which choker is your fave? Let us know in the comments below!
Social media is an amazing free marketing tool that didn't exist 15 years ago. Particularly with Instagram, you can use a few images and words to tell followers who you are in an instant. While we can't share *all* the things we covered in this week's Selfmade master session on social media and brand voice, as part of our collaboration with Office Depot we're sharing a few key takeaways.