22 Easy Ways to Color Block Your Home
As far as we’re concerned, EVERYTHING looks better when there’s color blocking involved. The dresses are more fun, your nails are more colorful and the most basic items are party ready. And if you think we’ve had enough of this trend, think again because you can never have too much color in your life. Whether you choose to buy or DIY, embrace the rainbow by incorporating these 22 color block items into your kitchen and home.
3. Dowood Table Lamp Collection ($195+): We love everything about these lamps, from the color blocking to the geometric shapes. The diagonal lines of the wire base play up the geometric feel, making this lamp even cooler. We know, you didn’t think that was possible.
4. Pantone Espresso Set ($70): Pantone is royalty when it comes to all things color (these are the guys that get to declare the Color of the Year), so it’s only natural that this color blocked espresso set would make the list. It’s perfect for gifting to your favorite coffee drinker.
5. DIY Color Blocked Garden Markers: Every home chef needs an herb garden (and hey, even if you’re no chef you always need fresh mint to make mojitos). An indoor herb garden is easier to make than you would think and these little markers make it more fun. (via Sarah Hearts)
7. Color Block Magnets ($26 for set of 12): The humble magnet gets a makeover with the help of color blocking. The shape is just a simple square block, but the colors and triangle print give it a modern pop-art twist.
8. Color Block Placemat ($18): Although sometimes forgotten in lieu of other party decor, placemats are a great way to liven up your table. This one is also uniquely shaped, making it waaaayyy cooler than regular old rectangular mats.
9. Color Blocked Baguette Cutting Boards ($95): These nautical themed wooden boards are not only bold and stylish, they’re also multifunctional. Use the painted side for serving up cheese and snacks, and the other side as a chopping board.
10. DIY Color Block Food Domes: These colorful domes are such a cute way to keep unwanted bugs away from food at picnics and outdoor events. They can also be used as a funky way to serve (and reveal) your food at parties. (via Sugar + Cloth)
11. DIY Color Block Cutting Board: While we’re all for color here at Brit HQ, there’s something so elegant about something that’s simply white. But if you really can’t deal with the lack of color (which we totally understand!), it’s easy enough to recreate this in your favorite bright hue. (via Jennifer Rizzo)
12. Assembly Home Color Block Mug ($20 for set of four): Coffee mugs are one of those items that your kitchen cabinets are probably overflowing with. And really, can you ever have too many of them? Nope. Add to your collection with these awesome color blocked mugs (which also come with matching plates and bowls… just sayin’).
13. Moth Origami Lamp Shade ($101): In the words of celeb stylist Rachel Zoe, we DIE over this lampshade! The architectural shape is unlike anything we’ve seen before and the whole thing is folded out of one piece of paper (crazy!).
14. Modern Neon Hardwood Salad Bowl ($54): Neons, pastels and neutrals: Somehow these three distinct colors go together beautifully in this wooden bowl. Make sure to browse around Nicole Porter’s Etsy shop for many more options like this.
15. Color Block Muddler ($20): You’ve seen bartenders use muddlers to make your favorite cocktails and now you can do the same at home. Snatch up this handy little tool in a color block print and try out some delicious cocktail recipes.
16. Colorful Door Knobs: At some point in your 20’s, IKEA was the go-to for all your furniture needs. But that doesn’t mean you need to be stuck with the same look as everyone else. The tiny pop of color from these DIY knobs will make a huge impact towards personalizing your space. (via Design Love Fest)
21. Color Block Candles: Candles are a great way to add simple decor elements to your home. Make a bunch of these color block crayon candles and gift them to everyone you know — including yourself. You can buy the kit right here. (via Brit + Co)
22. DIY Color Block Wine Rack: DIY and colors are what we’re known for at Brit + Co, so it’s only natural that we’d have so many color block projects in our archives. Repurpose coffee cans into a truly unique wine rack for your bar. (via Brit + Co)
How are you going to incorporate the color block trend into your home? Do you prefer to buy or DIY? Comment away!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.