12 Quirky Christmas Yard Decorations That We Kind of LOVE
Nothing says “Happy Holidays” like some friendly — make that blinding — yard-decorating competition with the neighbors. Yes, it’s that time of year where we forget about the electric bill and fill the porch, yard, door, etc. with all kinds of glowing, sparkling decor. Whether you’re going for quirky or classic, these 12 Christmas yard decorations will ensure you’ve got the prettiest (and brightest) house on the block.
1. Inflatable Yoda ($32): Have a happy holiday you will with this big green guy sitting outside.
2. Rudolph and Bumble ($50-$170): Put together the whole group from the movie Rudolph, complete with Hermey the Dentist and Yukon Cornelius.
3. Pre-Lit Palm Trees ($160): For those of us who celebrate the holidays in warmer climates, these sparkling palms are the perfect touch to add to a snow-less lawn.
4. Outdoor Marquee Letters ($130): Spread the joy of the season with these big letters that are great for both indoor or outdoor decorating. Display them outside on stakes or take them inside and hang them on the wall.
5. Light Up Reindeer ($40): With or without Santa, this glowing reindeer is going to make sure your yard rocks. Maybe he’ll even put in a good word for you with those little gift elves.
6. Hanging Star Terrarium ($39): Fill these glass and brass stars with boughs of holly, holiday ornaments or strings of lights, or use battery-powered candles to create a soft glow on your porch.
7. Jewel Tone Mercury Glass Globe Lights ($60-$90): Hang these big globe lights along a front-door banister or on the branches of a tree to get that festive glow.
8. Three Piece Cone Trees ($95): Create your own personal candy wonderland with these red and white striped trees covered in sprinkles — err, ornaments.
10. Lit Reindeer ($94): This furry little guy is ready to charm your holiday visitors all season long. Sparkling lights give him just the right amount of glitter without getting too cheesy.
11. Oversized Plastic Snowflake ($130): All you need is one of these giant, glowing snowflakes to make your front door the best-dressed on the block. Surround it with smaller snowflakes to get a snowed-in effect.
12. Polar Bear Family ($150-$230): This adorable family of glowing polar bears is all dressed for holiday fun with Santa caps and removable red scarves. You won’t want to see them leave when the weather gets warmer.
What are you putting in your yard this season? Tell us about your favorite holiday yard ornaments in the comments below!