Crazy Christmas Lights: 15 Extremely Over-the-Top Outdoor Displays
Of all the crazy ways to show your wild side during the holidays—from ridiculously tacky Christmas sweaters to the weirdest White Elephant gifts you can buy—it doesn’t get much more extreme than tricking out your house in thousands of colorful Christmas lights. We’re not quite sure what motivates these homeowners to indulge in this outlandishly sparkly obsession, (or how they could possibly afford to pay for the out-of-control electric bill that’s sure to follow) but one thing’s for sure: if they plug in, we will gawk. So shield your eyes: it’s time to ogle in awe at these 15 over-the-top outdoor Christmas light displays.
3. Rainbow Roof: We have to admit: we’re slightly obsessed with this abstract rainbow roof. If Brit + Co. decided to go crazy with Christmas lights, we’d definitely take our inspiration from this look. (via Stylusa)
4. Toy-Filled Front Yard: Ever wonder what it would look like if you bought every Christmas yard decoration you ever saw and then tossed them all in your front yard? Now you know. (via The Heritage Home Team)
6. Sexy Snowman: We didn’t realize that Frosty was modeling for American Apparel now. The only thing that would make the giant, lounging snowman better is if it said “Oh hey girl” whenever you walked past it. (via MSN)
12. Joy to the World : Rather than tip-toe across your roof to display joy to the world, we suggest you spell it out on a smaller scale with DIY marquee lights! Set your three-letter light on a windowsill or even hang it on the wall next to your tree. (via Archers Homes)
13. Rays of Light: This house gets points for almost making an over-the-top light display classy, thanks to the clean outline of white lights on the roof and peaked windows. Next year, skip the hullabaloo happening in the yard—the rays of starlight are near perfection. (via DIY Network)
Have you seen any crazy light displays this year? Tell us in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)