Why You Should Wash Your Hair With Clay
Playing in the dirt never looked so good. Clay is the hot ingredient making its way into your hair care routine. (Sorry, coconut oil!) Whether you have curly or pin-straight locks, this natural ingredient will absorb unwanted oils, get rid of impurities and bring a natural balance back to your strands. Want to liven up your strands during the winter season? Scroll below to see our top picks for clay products you should buy and try.
1. L’Oreal Paris Hair Expertise Extraordinary Clay Shampoo ($4): Want 72 hours of oil-free roots and hydrated strands? Psh, of course, you do. This shampoo is a must for combination hair. Clay ingredients like Argilane (green clay), Montmorillonite (blue clay) and Kaolinite (white clay) will absorb oils, moisturize and revitalize lifeless hair. Not bad for a product that’s under $10.
2. MATRIX Biolage R.A.W. Recover Conditioner ($25): Kaolin clay helps strip away toxins from the scalp, while coriander oil strengthens and adds shine.
3. Aveda Pure Abundance™ Volumizing Clay Conditioner ($21): Fine-haired girls, this product’s for you! Kaolin clay and acacia gum help your hair look thick and gorgeous.
4. Carols Daughter Rhassoul Clay Softening Hair Mask ($16): Living an active life can overwork your hair. Combat your dry, brittle strands with this new softening mask. Moroccan Rhassoul clay is very rich in minerals that will help smooth your strands and get rid of impurities.
5. Clay Esthe Shampoo Ex ($36): If there’s one thing this shampoo does differently, it protects against environmental elements like air pollution and UV rays. While the price might be high, we think it’s totally worth it to save your locks.
6. Zion Health Adama Clay Minerals Shampoo ($13): Kanwa clay minerals, Dead Sea minerals and organic botanicals make up this nourishing formula.
7. Espa Pink Hair and Scalp Mud ($70): Made with enriching red clays, this mask will stimulate circulation and promote healthy hair. Win win! Make sure to use once a week for smoother and more manageable styles.
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo and info.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.