The Clear Nail Art Trend Was *Made* for Minimalists
The trend of no-makeup makeup, minimalist clothing, and an overall simplified style has officially made its way to our manis. There’s been a shift from bold, bright hues to natural, subtle shades that are toned-down — and even totally clear. “The clear mani is minimalist chic at its best,” says Sarah Gibson Tuttle, founder and CEO of Los Angeles-based nail salon Olive & June. “It’s the go-to for when wild nail art is too much, but a solid mani isn’t quite enough.” And a clear mani is an elegant way to rock nail art that feels decidedly more grown-up. Read on for eight transparent ways to jazz up your digits.
1. Shiny and Gilded: The unique shapes give these see-through nails a delicate but edgy vibe.
2. Sky Blue: Light blue triangles add dimension to this shapely mani. A high-gloss top coat gives it some extra oomph.
3. Almond-Shaped: Black and white hues can be just as bold as their colorful counterparts, as this shapely mani shows.
4. Slightly Shimmery: A touch of silver glitz takes these clear digits from basic to beyond.
5. Wired Up: Achieve instant cool-girl status when you accent your nails with gold wire.
6. White Accents: You can add an artsy touch while still maintaining a minimalist feel. This look also gives off modern French mani vibes.
7. Silver Dots: With just a few minutes and a steady hand, you can make your digits look as dreamy as this.
8. Linear Dazzle: This paint job manages to be both glam and geometric, which helps if you’re on the fence about which style you want to sport.
Follow us on Pinterest for more nail inspo and info.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.