26 Colorful Skirts to Wear This Spring
Contrary to popular belief, you can never have too many twirl-worthy skirts on standby. Between A-line minis, ladylike midis and maxi accordion skirts (just to name a few), there’s a skirt length for every spring function on the horizon. Last-minute boardroom meeting? No prob! Just toss on a chambray shirt with a streamlined pencil skirt for a look that will take you from desk to drinks. You won’t have to worry about what to wear to spring weddings, festivals or graduations with these beauties in your arsenal. When your rotation of spring pastel dresses has grown stale, look no further than these 26 versatile skirts that will maximize your sartorial options this season.
1. J.Crew Colorful Jacquard Striped Skirt ($110): Just when you thought corporate dressing had to be all business and no fun, we uncover this carnival-striped pencil skirt that’s made for casual Fridays. Roll up your sleeves and ditch the heels for some wobble-proof wedges as you gear up for the weekend.
2. ASOS Pleated Midi Skirt in Color Block ($60): Practically a spring creamsicle in disguise, this pleated midi skirt is serious #goals. Don’t overthink it — do less by pairing it with some “ugly” flatforms and an oversized sweater that will keep any lingering chilly temps at bay. You won’t even feel obligated to wear a full face of makeup — messy bedhead works.
3. Free People The in Crowd Maxi Skirt ($198): This OMG-worthy rainbow maxi skirt is what sartorial dreams are made of, people! Dominate the festival scene by pairing it with a lace-up top and a flower crown that will make you look (and feel) like the boho babe that you are.
4. Loup Antwerp Denim Skirt ($128): Swap out your prized denim button-front skirt for this denim flare skirt that you haven’t already seen styled by every blogger on the block. For major street cred, slip it on alongside a cold-shoulder top and some metallic slingbacks.
5. Olivia Palermo + Chelsea28 Suede Wrap Miniskirt ($198): This ‘70s-esque suede wrap skirt will be right in line with your bohemian sensibilities — it’s the epitome of laid-back chic. Between festival season and date night, it can be teamed with anything from a mock-neck crop top to a silk cami for an on-trend look. Take note: Throwback mules are obligatory.
6. Forever 21 Tropical Floral Maxi Skirt ($23): Channel island vibes wherever you go with this tropical floral maxi skirt that will make you feel like you’re on vacay 24/7. You can style it as a co-ord with the matching crop top or keep things on the DL with a white t-shirt and some gladiator sandals.
7. Johnny Powder Citron Mini Skirt ($200): Surf’s up! A bright and cheery citron-striped bodycon mini is just the thing to rock on your upcoming beach-cation. Toss it on with a ruffled off-the-shoulder top for dinner on the veranda, or pair it with a bikini top for a poolside lounging sesh.
8. Kendall + Kylie Gingham Style Silk Skirt ($228): Dress to impress with this grown-up interpretation of gingham that’s worthy of a formal soiree (or two). Throw some lace-up ghillies and scene-stealing chandelier earrings into the mix, and it’ll easily take you from a black tie wedding to a fancy dinner party.
9. Club Monaco Nadina Lace Skirt ($199): Enter the swoon-inducing powder blue lace skirt that will more than pay for itself. When you factor in cost-per-wear, it’ll easily work for a happy hour networking event, a bridal shower and an evening of wine tasting at your favorite vineyard. Finish off your look with a winged liner and a classic red lip.
10. Who What Wear Plus Size Pencil Skirt ($30): Go ahead and add this botanical pencil skirt to your spring capsule wardrobe — it’s a hero piece in disguise. Style it for the office with a crisp button-down and power pumps, and then switch things up with some Breton stripes that are a perfect match for all your weekend shenanigans.
11. Madewell Plaid Tie-Front Skirt ($68): Can you count the reasons you need this effortless plaid tie-front skirt in your life? Between the #lazygirl-approved silhouette and the fact that it can be styled with zero effort, you’ll be inspired to start channeling those summatime vibes STAT.
12. Tobi Sheryl Skirt ($34): Haven’t snagged a ticket to Coachella or Bonnaroo yet? Bring the festival vibes to you in this rad tie-dye mini that can double for a backyard shindig, an upcoming Color Run (layer it over neon leggings) or a night out with your squad.
13. COS Skirt With Artwork ($99): This minty fresh skirt with artful pockets is your excuse to break out the springtime pastels beyond Easter. Whether you pair it with a collared shirt and menswear-inspired loafers for a school-girl look or throw on a white jersey top and go, this is daytime casual at its finest.
14. MDS Stripes Peasant Skirt ($495): Start planning your Memorial Day getaway to the Hamptons now, starting with this nautical striped peasant skirt that calls to mind a yacht party. Style it on the fly with a straw tote and some colorful blogger-inspired pom-pom sandals for neverending fun in the sun.
15. Banana Republic White Geo Lace Skirt ($138): You have the perfect LWD, but what about a wear-with-everything little white skirt that screams summer? This geo lace number can be dressed up with a rose-colored blouse and some statement jewels or pared down with a racerback crop top and flip flops for a stroll along the boardwalk.
16. Free People Lover’s Lane Mini ($78): Proof that not all floral prints are created equal, this swingy mini skirt takes on a rocker ‘tude appropriate for any outdoor concert. Style it with a vintage band tee and some combat boots for a getup that’s downright fierce.
17. H&M Skirt With Chiffon Flowers ($60): When you find yourself filling in as a plus-one at a wedding (or any other spring function), you won’t regret having invested in this ballerina-esque embroidered chiffon skirt. You know, just in case.
18. Finders Keepers Flashback Mini ($140): While skirts often get a rep for being overly girly and too fussy, this pleated mini is basically a security blanket in disguise. Keep it simple with a cream-colored turtleneck and ankle booties, or pair it with a ringer tee and a utility jacket for a downtown look that’s always on point.
19. Nanette Lepore Airbrush Stripe Skirt ($348): Have a slew of RSVPs on your iCal, will buy a DDG skirt to mix and match for a bevy of spring affairs. Whether it be a banquet, a Mother’s Day brunch or a fancy gala, this painterly skirt can be styled a million and one ways.
20. Front Row Shop Buttoned Midi Skirt ($47): Cloudy days simply don’t exist when you have a skirt this bright and cheery on standby. Go bold or go home by teaming it with a hot pink cross-body bag or some retro white sunnies that demand attention.
21. Topshop MOTO Stripe A-Line Skirt ($55): Resist the urge to play by the rules — this striped denim moto skirts allows you to embrace your rebellious streak. Top it off with a free-wheelin’ bomber jacket and some athletic sneakers for a look that falls firmly on the athleisure side.
22. ASOS Pleated Mini Skirt in Polka Dot ($48): Come the weekend, this is the pleated polka dot mini that will be on repeat. As easy as throw-on-and-go, it can be styled with an off-duty sweatshirt and white canvas tennies for a no-nonsense look that never lets you down.
23. J.Crew Button-Front White Denim Mini Skirt ($98): As far as perennial wardrobe staples go (think: nautical stripes, classic wayfarers and a timeless trench), this vintage-feeling button-front skirt can do no wrong. Pair it with a borrowed-from-the-boys gingham shirt and a denim jacket for an #OOTD that will never go out of style.
24. Zara Mini Shorts ($26): Mark our words: Short culottes are the next big thang. Be the first among your girl gang to parade these mustard hued shorts around town with a track jacket and next-level stripes.
25. Marimekko Eimi Skirt ($295): Solidify your hostess with the mostess status in this polka dot skirt that’s equal parts minimalist and sophisticated. Elevate your all-black-everything getup with a sleek ponytail and some cool-girl-approved cognac mule slides.
26. Marc Jacobs Embellished Appliquéd Denim Mini Skirt ($495): A little bit ‘90s, a lot (classy) grunge style, this denim mini embellished with crystals and appliqués will bring back all the feels. Complete the look with a plaid flannel shirt (conveniently tied around your waist) and some Doc Martens.
What’s your favorite type of skirt for spring? Follow us on Pinterest for more colorful + fun style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.