26 Pastel Dresses to Wear to Every Spring Event
If the groundhog’s predictions for an early spring are any indication, then it’s high-time to start investing in a bevy of warm(er) weather staples. With your iCal already filled to the brim with RSVPs to springtime events — spring break, the start of wedding season, Easter brunch with the fam — it won’t be long before you’re swapping out the LBD for a sorbet-hued maxi. After embracing neutrals and chunky scarves all winter long, nothing says spring has arrived like light and airy fabrics, bold blooms and peekaboo cutouts. Add in a pretty lineup of pastel dresses and you’ve got it made. Whether the dress code reads daytime casual or Sunday best, scroll down for 26 pastel frocks that will work for every spring occasion coming your way.
1. Zara Printed Jumpsuit Dress ($50): Hit up First Fridays in this Mondrian-esque dress that can be admired up close and from afar. Toughen it up with black ankle boots and a leather jacket for an evening of gallery hopping.
2. Coast Amberley Lace Textured Fit and Flare Dress in Lime ($255): In case there was any doubt, this fit-and-flare dress is what sartorial dreams are made of. The structured silhouette and woven lace are a shoo-in for every spring fête and wedding reception coming your way.
3. Reformation Corey Dress ($218): From the first baseball game of the season to a garden party, this easy-breezy floral dress will always do you right. Throw in some suede mules and a denim jacket for unlimited lazy girl vibes.
4. Forever 21 Cutout-Back Maxi Dress ($38): Whoever said that bridesmaid dresses had to be unsightly was surely mistaken. Wear (and proceed to re-wear) this mint stunner for a number of occasions by switching up your shoes and accessories. Try a simple gold cuff and t-strap sandals for an outdoor luncheon or nude pumps and chandelier earrings for a spring gala.
5. ASOS Exaggerated Angel Sleeve Pencil Dress With Open Back ($72): Wardrobe conundrums simply don’t exist when you have a dress this stunning on standby. The conservative length and flirty open back make it a perfect candidate for virtually any spring event. A top knot and lace-up ghillies are obligatory.
6. Missguided Sleeveless Floral Lace Mesh Mini Dress ($54): This dreamy powder blue dress has anniversary dinner with bae written all over it. Complement the soft pastel hue with a white blazer and some diamond studs for a look that will take you from desk to drinks.
7. ASOS Curve Premium Pencil Dress With Pleat Side ($83): Clean lines and a minty fresh hue make this ladylike sheath dress perfect for Sunday brunch. Kick it up a notch by slipping on some metallic ankle strap heels sans tights.
8. ASOS Petite Jacquard Crop Top Dress in Pastel Floral ($129): Hostessing duties call for a sophisticated floral dress that will put all eyes on you. This darling jacquard number, complete with a layered crop top, would look ah-mazing with crystal chandelier earrings and metallic steppers.
9. & Other Stories Brush Stripe Dress ($85): Multi-striped shirt dress with a mock neck? Don’t mind if we do! The quirky pastel palette is totally on point for a low-key Easter weekend; just toss on some white tennies and add a mini satchel.
10. Elliatt Splendor Dress ($162): Whether you wear it to a bridal shower or an ice cream social, this ultra-girly dress trimmed in pink won’t disappoint. Sparkly heels and a faux-fur clutch are musts for a playful touch that won’t go unnoticed.
11. Alice McCall The Way You Are Dress ($305): Be soiree-ready just like that thanks to this sheer panel dress covered in a pretty poppy print. Skip the heavy makeup (and ditch the heels) for an all-natural look that is so right now.
12. Tiger Mist Floral Fit and Flare Dress ($98): Spring is synonymous with preppy floral prints and outdoor horse races that call for your floppiest straw hat. Pair this strappy dress with sensible leather sandals and a wide-brimmed hat for a day of vino drinking.
13. Jack By BB Dakota Hildy ($74): With graduation and wedding season upon us, owning a slew of special occasion dresses is in order. This spring-y pastel-hued maxi can be styled with a cozy shawl on a chilly spring day or paired with gladiators once warmer temps arrive.
14. The Jetset Diaries Sail Away Dress ($249): You’ve been counting down the days until your exotic spring getaway and now all that’s missing is an ethereal Grecian-inspired gown. For a swoon-inducing look, style this sky blue maxi with flash tats and a flower crown.
15. Nasty Gal Ashton Plunging Ruffle Dress ($78): Believe it or not, Coachella is actually right around the corner. Don’t wait until the last minute to snag this ruffled dress that’s practically begging to be paired with OTK boots and a fringed crossbody bag.
16. Kimchi Blue Secret Garden Embroidered Dress ($249): Enter the quintessential shift dress — perfect for tea time or an afternoon at the arboretum. As if the vintage-esque floral embroidery wasn’t sweet enough, this ivory dress also sports a keyhole back that’s ideal for soaking up all the rays.
17. & Other Stories Colour Block Shirt Dress ($95): Celebrate spring weekends (and spontaneous trips to the farmers market) with this non-fussy shirt dress that will inspire you to do less. Juxtapose the sky blue color blocking with metallic loafers and a leather tote.
18. Kimchi Blue Flutter Plunge Fit + Flare Dress ($69): Romance is in the air. For a spring engagement shoot, this ruffled pink dress is as timeless as it gets. Opt for dainty jewels and a pair of nude pumps that will make you look (and feel) like a princess for the day.
19. Nasty Gal Full Scallop Attack Flare Dress ($78): The next time you find yourself rocking a plus one status at a wedding, skip the outfit drama by siding with this peach flare dress that is serious #stylegoals. Between the scalloped trim and not-so-modest open back, what’s not to love?
20. H&M Striped Dress ($50): A weekend spent running errands and catching up with your BFFs over lunch is the perfect excuse to keep things low-key. Take this turquoise jersey dress for a spin alongside a pair of trusty canvas sneakers for a sporty look.
21. Pixie Market Peach Bell Sleeve Dress ($72): Round out your spring capsule wardrobe with this effortless crochet dress that can be worn time and time again. Endless options for wearing this number include picnics in the park, a girl’s night out or a wedding rehearsal dinner.
22. TY-LR Garden Canvas Dress ($480): Getting hitched? Add a splash of color to your wedding day look with this painterly dress that’s perfect for non-traditional brides. Channel absolute elegance on your special day by styling it with d’Orsay pumps and a classy strand of pearls.
23. Free People Farrah Dress ($188): Free-spirited boho babes rejoice! This bell sleeve dress is just the thing for an outdoor concert where lace-up boots and body chains reign supreme.
24. C/meo Collective Halftime Sweater ($270): A casual Friday — or let’s be honest, a Friday spent playing hooky — calls for a free-wheelin’ sweater dress and a throwback fanny pack. Unleash your inner style chameleon by pairing this hero piece with mirrored wedges or some cool kicks for an athleisure look that doesn’t play around.
25. Wilfred Sathonay Dress ($175): This peachy keen dress brings to mind a tropical vacation spent sipping piña coladas under the sun. Whether you’re heading on a spring break trip or have a late spring wedding already in the books, you won’t find a dress more versatile than this. Simply dress it up with espadrilles or pare it down with your favorite metallic Birks.
26. Mara Hoffman Crepe Tie Back Dress ($268): When life’s a beach, you can rest easy knowing you have this geometric-printed maxi tucked away for safekeeping. For an upcoming vacay, downplay the flowy silhouette with a wide-brimmed hat and strappy sandals.
Which of these pastel dresses is your favorite? Follow us on Pinterest for more spring trends and styling tips.