Cookies and cake have always held a special place in our sugar-filled hearts. Traditionally cake is for parties, weddings and special occasions, while cookies are an everyday treat. However, we’re all about shaking things up, and in the dessert world the cookie cake made our dessert fantasies come true well before the cronut hit the scene. This fabulous dessert has become the ultimate canvas for a variety of flavors, toppings and fillings. Preheat the oven and call up your friends, ’cause you’re going to want to throw a party after pinning these cookie cake recipes.
1. Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwich Cake: This sandwich cookie cake might be a little hard to dip in milk, but the incredible layer of frosting and sprinkles will take you right back to childhood. (via Confessions of a Cookbook Queen)
2. Funfetti Sugar Cookie Cake: We’re pretty confident that funfetti will never go out of style, and how can you not smile just by looking at this colorful cookie? (via Sally’s Baking Addiction)
3. Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake: Go big or go home with this cookie cake that has peanut butter cups baked into the cookie AND on top. BRB, we’re just out buying all of the peanut butter cups. (via Life, Love and Sugar)
4. Chocolate Covered Oreo Cookie Cake: This dessert combines devil’s food cake with cookies. That might be kinda crazy, but how awesome would this be to try with the new Red Velvet Oreos? (via Dine and Dish)
5. Red Velvet Cookie Cake: Speaking of red velvet, this cookie cake turns one of our favorite cupcakes into a giant dessert treat. (via Crazy for Crust)
6. Neapolitan Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake: Why stick to one flavor of frosting when you can have three? Don’t forget that three layers of cookies exists between all of that frosting. (via Sugar Hero)
7. S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake: We have trouble waiting for summer bonfires to enjoy s’mores, which is why we can’t get over this cookie cake that gives us a taste of summer all year long. (via Sally’s Baking Addiction)
8. Chocolate Chip Cookie Icebox Cake: Leave it to Martha to come up with a genius idea like this for a basic batch of chocolate chip cookies. (via Martha Stewart)
9. Loaded Soft and Chewy M&M Cookie Cake: This is a perfect cake to bookmark for Halloween, when you have more candy in your house than you know what to do with. (via Averie Cooks)
10. Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet: If you’ve never had brown butter, it’s SO worth it, especially when it’s paired with a cookie skillet and ice cream. (via Damn Delicious)
11. Single Cookie Cake DIY: If you want to keep things simple, kids and adults will both love decorating these adorable mini cookie cake sandwiches. (via Oh Happy Day)
12. DIY Chocolate Chip Cookie Layer Cake: If you bring this 12-layer cookie cake to your next event, you might never be able to bring an ordinary dessert ever again. (via The Cake Blog)
13. Samoa Cheesecake: Technically this is not a cookie cake, but since it involves Girl Scout Cookies we couldn’t help but include it. (via Gimme Some Oven)
Are you bringing a cookie cake to your next party? Tell us in the comments below!