THE Wedding Registry Trend Every Modern Couple Needs to Know About
One of the most fun parts of wedding planning is deciding what to put on your wedding registry for your new *married* home. But choosing items you’ll want forever can pile on the pressure, and you may find yourself feeling a little overwhelmed with trying to choose items that will look good and stand the test of time + trends. Creating the ultimate registry checklist really is a craft that involves sticking with materials and textures that have weathered the decades and still manage to look chic and effortless. Gleaming copper accessories add a luxe vibe while crisp marble decor feels airy and clean. Both go with pretty much everything, for a chic way to tie together eclectic decor. Scroll down to check out some of our favorite copper + marble pieces to help make registering a breeze!
1. Anthropologie Marble + Wood Serving Board ($68+): Whether you’re a serious chef or just getting started in the kitchen, you can never have too many cutting boards. A cute serving board that transitions seamlessly from the counter to the coffee table is ideal for serving cheese to guests or dressing up your dinner table. This whimsical one from Anthropologie comes in two cute shapes: a whale for the nautically inclined and a pineapple for a tropical touch.
2. West Elm Marble Pillar Table Lamp ($119): Decorators tend to eschew overhead lighting and favor table lamps for a reason — the light they give off is infinitely more flattering, and they provide a much greater ability to customize the feel of a space. This narrow lamp combines antique brass and crisp marble for a chic result. Consider registering for two, in case you want to have matching bedside lamps.
3. Kooks Unlimited Three Cup Copper French Press ($49): We’re all for the convenience of k-cup coffee makers, but coffee brewed from a French press just tastes better. Whether you’re total coffee aficionados or just love that morning buzz, you’ll definitely notice the difference. Plus there’s something so romantic about preparing coffee for two – just picture yourselves sharing a French press while enjoying breakfast in bed as newlyweds. This copper version is as pretty as it is functional, and makes just the right amount to share.
4. Deny Designs Marble Pillowcases ($49, set of two): Speaking of breakfast in bed, it’s tough to know what color scheme you’ll want in your bedroom forever, so pick pillowcases that can mix and match well with a variety of duvets and quilts. Stick to neutral tones and you’ll be in good shape to mix and match new colors along the way. This marble set will be sure to rock your first few years of marriage.
5. Anthropologie Aurora Copper String Lights ($16+): You’ll definitely want to entertain guests in your married home and having festive decor will seriously up your hosting game. String lights create a celebratory atmosphere and work double time as cute everyday decor. Save Christmas lights for the holidays and take a year-round approach to keep your home looking more intentional. These delicate copper strands and tiny lights give off a warm punctuated glow that’s perfect for mantles and dining tables. Consider weaving them amongst greens on a dining table for a chic centerpiece.
6. Williams-Sonoma Copper Vertical Wall Planter ($190): Whether you’ve got a yard for days, a balcony or no outdoor space at all, a creative indoor planter will help you get your garden growing. Plants are the perfect way to liven up your kitchen and ensure you’ll have fresh herbs all year long. Just picture yourselves whipping up a bowl of pasta together for dinner and trimming some basil to top it off. This copper planter has ten separate cells — plenty of space for different plants — and takes up zero counter space.
7. D.L. & Co Harvest Moon Candle ($50): There’s nothing more romantic than candlelight and nothing more annoying than a candle that burns out after just a few uses. Long-lasting candles with multiple wicks give off gorgeous light and are perfect for bubble baths and bedrooms. This one has a gorgeous marble-inspired exterior that will make a sweet ring holder when the candle’s finished.
8. Crate & Barrel Penelope Accent Table ($189): Small accent tables are perfect for resting your wine glasses, placing plants or housing snacks while you Netflix + chill your way through the next few months and date nights to come (because, let’s be honest, all that wedding planning is exhausting). Choose a shape that will work next to the couch or between chairs to optimize its potential for years to come.
9. West Elm Wire Mesh Baskets ($22+): Clutter is just a part of life, but it can be a total pain when it comes to cohabiting. Twice the mail and clothes can make your shared home feel crowded, quickly. Storage baskets are a home (and relationship) saver, since they provide an easy way to tidy up and keep things organized. These baskets are unobtrusive and have a charming French countryside appeal that makes going through that pile of bills or laundry feel a little bit more glam.
10. World Market Copper Colander ($10): A pretty colander is a must-have for washing fruits + vegetables and storing them attractively on your countertop. Make it a habit to wash fresh produce as soon as you get home so it’s ready to be eaten, and you’ll start your married life off on a healthy note.
11. Anthropologie Cleaved Totem Tieback ($25 each): Small details pack a big punch when it comes to decorating your home together. Brighten up every morning in your bedroom or living space with tiebacks that make letting the sunshine in a breeze. These tiebacks combine geometric copper with faceted marble for a look that achieves the perfect mix of boho and relaxed glam.
12. Williams-Sonoma Copper Hammered Cocktail Shaker ($70): Deck out your bar with sleek pieces so you’ll always be ready to party. At the very minimum, you should have a martini in your cocktail arsenal, and a gleaming cocktail shaker will make you look like a pro. This shaker was designed to chill beverages to perfection and the hand-hammered copper exterior gives it a timeless appeal.
13. The White Company Marble Coasters ($35): Chances are you’re acquiring furniture that you’d like to keep around for a while, so stashing cute coasters on dining and coffee tables is a good way to hint to guests (and your newly betrothed) to slip a coaster under that cocktail or coffee cup. These coasters nest into each other for easy storage and look polished as a decorating element on their own when they’re not protecting surfaces.
14. CB2 Portal Brushed Copper Shelves ($30): Storage is an often overlooked registry item that makes a big difference in your home’s overall appearance — especially in smaller spaces. Cute shelving is the perfect place to display your wedding photos, plants or keys while keeping surfaces clear. These shelves were designed in sconce-like shapes and look particularly pleasing in odd numbers, staggered at differing heights.
15. Pier1 Imports Hammered Pitcher ($40): Whether you’re brewing iced tea to keep in the fridge or crafting a fresh batch of mojitos, a cute pitcher comes in handy for everyday use and entertaining. This pitcher pairs perfectly with the cocktail shaker above and positively begs you to whip up some sangria to enjoy with your new spouse.
16. Hawkins New York Marble & Copper Canisters ($50+): Besides the requisite appliances, the canisters on your counters are the most noticeable decor to grace your kitchen. Save valuable drawer space and put all the kitchen tools you use regularly in canisters close to the stove for easy access. Just because they’re utilitarian doesn’t mean they can’t be attractive, too.
17. West Elm Copper Oil + Vinegar Set ($39): Easy access to oil and vinegar makes cooking *so* much easier. Whipping up some salad dressing? Making eggs for breakfast? Just grab and pour. This set looks great on countertops (especially marble) and is also pretty enough to keep on your dining table.
18. Williams-Sonoma Hammered Copper Sleeves With Glasses ($24.95): The holidays may not be on your mind yet, but one of the best parts of getting married is spending that time together, as a family. Celebrate that fun fact with registry items that will make things feel merry and bright. Register for several of these mugs so you can stay cuddled up with your love, enjoying cider and cocoa when the temperatures turn chilly.
19. World Market Marble Cheese Slicer ($13): Looking to really impress your next dinner guests? A cheeseboard with a built-in slicer cuts cleanly through cheeses for the perfect slice every single time. If you’re a cheese-loving couple or you love to entertain, consider this slicer an investment in your dining future.
20. Williams-Sonoma Marble Wine Chiller ($60): Keep white wine and rosé nice and chilled during the summer months without having to add ice cubes. Pair a wine chiller with the cheese cutter above and you’ve got a seriously classy dining situation that any French woman would approve of. This versatile chiller is a classic piece that can be used in casual and formal dining situations alike.
Which one of these items are you adding to your registry? Tweet us and follow @BritandCo for more wedding must-haves!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.