11 Cork Board DIYs to Brighten Up Your Dorm Room
It’s hard to believe that college kiddos are already heading back to school — especially since we still have so much to accomplish on our dorm room to-do list. From splurging on cute dorm tech and pretty back-to-school planners to shopping for new outfits to nail campus style, this whole back to school thing can feel mega stressful. Take a break from the madness and zen out with a fun DIY project. Here are 11 cork board DIYs that will awaken your creative side and give you an awesome statement piece for your dorm too.
1. Ten-Minute DIY Letter Cork Boards: Bold colors, gorgeous design and customizable phrases… there’s nothing we don’t love about this cheerful project. Decorate your dorm with your initials or some school pride. (via Aww, Sam)
3. Mini DIY Cork Board: Okay, we know this isn’t the most practical cork board, but it would still look super cute dangling over your bed or as a gift for your new RA. Hey, brownie points are always a good idea, right? (via DIY Candy)
4. DIY State-Shaped Memo Boards: Rep your hometown with this mega-creative memo board in the shape of your home state. Better yet, make two: one of home and one of your *brand new* fave state. (via Brit + Co)
5. Faux Moss Cork Boards: We’re all for adding a touch of green to any space, but sometimes the real stuff can be tricky to keep alive. This faux moss cork board might be just the trick you need to feel a tad bit greener (and to keep you calm through exam week). (via J. Sorelle Blog)
6. Classic Cork Board DIY: If you’re looking for a classic framed cork board tutorial, look no further. Just be sure to customize colors and patterns to match your campus style, of course. (via Home Polish)
7. DIY Herringbone Bulletin Board: Take a simple cork board up a notch with this awesome geometric pattern. Plus, with only six materials, it’s an easy DIY that you can totally accomplish in under an hour. (via Spark & Chemistry)
8. Disney DIY Pin Display Board: Just because you’re off to college doesn’t mean you have to ditch your inner child. Although this DIY was meant to hold Disney pins, we’re sure your weekly assignments and calendar would look amazing pinned there too. (via Disney Style)
10. Chevron DIY Inspiration Board: If your age-old cork board just needs a little sprucing up for senior year, try out this super simple DIY. You’d be surprised at the difference a few geometric stripes can make. (via This Is Happiness)
Are you DIYing anything for your dorm? Show us your projects on Twitter by mentioning @BritandCo.