Last week we were dazzled by the designs that graced the couture runways. And although in a dream world we’d be floating, strutting or stomping down a red carpet in a tailor-made Valentino gown (this one, please and thank you), we’re much better off using those impeccable styles as inspiration for putting together the ultimate on-trend wardrobe for our office working/Uber riding/studio living real lives. Consider this post your ultimate pre-fall fashion cheat sheet to hacking the 12 hottest looks from Couture Fashion Week.
1. Fancy Jumpsuits: Get the fierce look of this two-toned Atelier Versace jumpsuit with this royal blue one-piece ($28) from Forever21. Its structured bodice and tapered silhouette make it a day-to-night sensation with a just-as-outstanding price tag.
2. Shoulder Cutouts: This off-the-shoulder stunner ruled Christian Dior’s so-romantic-it-hurts show. On an equally flowy frock ($86), the peek-a-boo detail looks beyond dreamy without a trace of throwback vibes detected.
3. Floor-length Fabulousness: We don’t know what’s more perfect on this show-stopping Giambattista Valli gown: the full tulle skirt in a lush ombre fade or the fact that it’s styled out with a piped blouse, sunnies and a headscarf. Dare to go there with a floor-length dress ($124) and DO toss on a vintage-inspired headpiece.
4. The New Two Piece Suit: Giambattista Valli’s stripey creation shows that matching two-pieces aren’t going out of style anytime soon. Snag one of these versatile twosomes ($128) in the designer’s pattern of choice.
6. Take the Plunge: Where Julen Fornie’s plunging neckline gown would flat out stun on the red carpet (it HAD to be made with Kendall Jenner in mind, amirite?), this deep V romper ($78) would tastefully turn heads on any night out.
7. Peplum Hem Everything: This Giorgio Armani Privé jacket makes it official: when it comes to a peplum hem, ANYWHERE goes. Try out the ruched look on a midi skirt ($105) to boost the look of your separates.
8. Pattern on Pattern: We’re big belivers in having fun with pattern play, so we were delighted to see this dotted get up come down the Giorgio Armani Privé runway. Take the all-patterned-everything look out for a test drive by wearing a spotted sheer blouse ($78) with bold polka dot shorts.
9. Bold Floral: Take a cue from Maison Martin Margiela: The bolder the floral pattern, the better. Get the look with a dress ($23) donning a floral pattern so blown out it looks like beautiful brush strokes.
10. Fit and Flare: Ellie Saab nailed the ultra-feminine cut of her jeweled fit and flare dress, and we swooned hard when we found one ($174) with practically the same proportions. Sure it’s missing that signature bling, but a shimmery pair of heels can take care of that.
11. Chic and Sheer: We bow down to Valentino — how can something so barely-there be SO refined?! Good news is that lookalikes (with just a bit more coverage) DO exist, like this ethereal maxi dress ($165).
12. Bold Color: Viktor & Rolf’s mega bold runway show displayed everything from the want-to-wearable (seen here) to the way weird (kudos, guys), all in monochromatic red. This is how WE translate that fearless fashion-forward vision: with a dress ($42) that commands attention with our weapon of choice — color!
What couture looks have you feeling most inspired? Which styles have you planning a pre-fall shopping spree? Tell us in the comments below.