Mindy Kaling *Might* Approve of These 15 Cream Pie Recipes
It’s no secret that we’re big fans of Mindy Kaling around here. But that doesn’t mean we have to agree with everything she tweets… like when she said, “If you like a pie that is a ‘blank cream pie,’ you are trash.” Would she really think we were trash if we ate cream pie?! Guess that’s up for discussion, because we certainly wouldn’t. Check out these 15 [blank ;)] cream pie recipes that we sure hope Mindy Kaling would approve of.
2. Raspberry Cream Pie: Next time you’re stuck on what to bring to the office potluck, we think this dessert would be a perfect option. Because who doesn’t love raspberry filling, err topping? (via Life in the Lofthouse)
5. Vanilla Cream Pie (Gluten-Free): If you’re a fan of vanilla bean ice cream, then this pie is a must-try. Make this sweet treat by using a GF version of your basic cream pie recipe and adding vanilla for a little va va voom. (via Serious Eats)
6. Samoa Coconut Cream Pie: We didn’t think it could get better than our favorite Girl Scout cookies, but this cream pie proved us wrong. Whip up a coconut custard and top it off with whipped cream, toasted coconut flakes and caramel. (via Sift and Whisk)
10. Toasted Marshmallow Topped Cream Pie: So, yeah, this is basically the s’mores version of a cream pie, which means it just went to the top of our to-make list. (via Fat Girl Trapped in a Skinny Body)
11. Pumpkin Cream Pie With Candied Walnuts: A pumpkin cream pie is the perfect addition to your dessert table this season. Use candied walnuts to add to this already yummy pie. (via A Spicy Perspective)
14. Chocolate Cream Pie: Aside from banana cream pie, chocolate cream pie is a staple. Take yours to the next level with chocolate shavings for extra taste and an *extra* wow factor. (via The Hungry Mouse)
15. Strawberry Cream Pie: Everything’s better with a touch of pink and that doesn’t stop at cream pie. Whip up this strawberry cream pie and serve on a gilded platter, because why not? (via The Goldilocks Kitchen)
Do you think we’re trash for liking cream pie? What would Mindy Kaling say? Let us know in the comments below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)