16 Creamsicle-Inspired Recipes
You loved it as a kid, and now it’s time to give the classic orange Creamsicle a modern makeover. Whether you’re craving cupcakes, truffles, macarons or more, these 16 recipes are sure to satisfy any sweet tooth. So, whip one up for yourself or serve a batch at your next summer party. ‘Cause nothing’s more fun than reliving childhood memories with the help of the latest, greatest dreamy desserts.
4. Coconut Creamsicle Cocktail: As simple to make as it is delightful to sip, this grown up take on the Creamsicle features orange juice, coconut rum and coconut milk. Sound delish? Mix one up tonight for the ultimate drinkable dessert. (viaBeard + Bonnet)
10. Orange Creamsicle Muddy Buddies: While choosing an all-time favorite Chex Mix recipe is next to impossible, this Creamsicle-esque combination definitely makes our top 10. (viaThe Girl Who Ate Everything)
11. Orange Creamsicle Circus Animal Cookies: Remember the frosted animal cookies mom used to pack away inside your lunchbox? Bring those good times back again with this homemade spin on a timeless classic. (viaLemon Tree Dwelling)
12. Orange Dream Dessert Waffles: Bust out that waffle iron! Whether it’s your birthday or you just feel like celebrating your enduring love for all things Creamsicle, this decadent dessert will never disappoint. (viaBuns In My Oven)
16. Boozy Creamsicle Float Shots: Move aside, Jell-O shots! Orange soda, vanilla ice cream, whipped cream-flavored vodka, rainbow sprinkles and marshmallow topping make for one truly marvelous mixture. Bachelorettes, we think you’ve finally met your match. (viaThat’s So Michelle)
Which of these confections would you love to sink your sweet tooth into? Let us know below or on Facebook!
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!