32 Irresistible Caramel Recipes You Have to Try
This time of year calls for caramelized foods of all sorts — whether savory , sweet or a little bit of both, there’s just something about toasted sugars that’s, well, oh-so-toasty and warm. Today we present you with 32 irresistible recipes from around the web that have a sweet caramel element front and center. From cookies to croquembouche, we’ve got you covered in this roundup!
2. Buttered Caramel Popcorn Cake: Tight-crumbed yellow cake, salted caramel Italian meringue buttercream (so fluffy!), buttery caramel corn and a salted caramel drizzle combine to create a to-die-for, totally homemade, ridiculously unique cake. My word! (via La Pêche Fraîche)
3. Chocolate Macarons with Salted Caramel Ganache: Chocolate macaron shells sandwich a homemade chocolate salted caramel ganache filling. Don’t want to mess around with whipped egg whites quite yet? We suspect that the ganache filling would be terrific on its own, eaten by the spoonful! (via Simmer and Boyle)
4. Caramel Apple French Toast: This stacked French toast is filled with caramelized apple slices and spiced cream cheese. The finishing touch is not your ordinary maple syrup, but a warm, maple-caramel drizzle instead. (via The Cozy Apron)
5. Miniature Salted Caramel Eclairs: Who doesn’t love a miniature dessert? These two-bite eclairs don’t look out of the ordinary, but are filled with a salted caramel pastry cream in place of the usual vanilla! (via Fleur de Sel)
6. Salty-Sweet Bagels with Ricotta and Caramel Sauce: Don’t these sweet-savory bagels sound out of this world? In place of cream cheese, ricotta is spread atop these homemade bagels along with a honey caramel sauce. (via Australian Gourmet Traveller)
7. Caramel Coffee Parfaits: Crumbled chocolate wafers are layered in a cup along with carmel-coffee pudding and vanilla whipped cream to create a caramel mocha that can be eaten with a spoon. (via Hungry Gems)
8. Salty Banoffee Pie: Almost no baking required! An easy homemade toffee (or dulce de leche) tops a buttery digestive biscuit crust along with sliced bananas, piles of whipped cream and generous amount of shaved chocolate. (P.S. Does hearing banoffee pie always remind you of that scene in Love Actually when Keira Knightly plies
Rick Grimes Andrew Lincoln with a slice in exchange for viewing his footage of her wedding?) (via Dalia’s Kitchen)
9. Milk Stout and Sea Salt Caramels: A great homemade caramel recipe that can easily be customized for the holidays by using your favorite seasonal brew; check out these nine milk stout recommendations from Bon Appétit. (via Vegetarian Ventures)
10. No-Bake Salted Caramel Cheesecake . . . in a Jar!: We just love these personal-size cheesecakes! They are the perfect dessert for your next party — all the heavy lifting, including serving, is done ahead of time leaving you with more time to mingle with guests — or as a tasty, travel-ready treat to take on a picnic or
campingglamping. (via Brit + Co.)
11. Wonton Apple Pies with Caramel Dipping Sauce: What a great change of pace from the usual apple pie. Each wonton is only a few bites, meaning there’s sure to be enough room left to down one or two of these dipped in a homemade, salted vanilla caramel sauce at the close of a large, holiday meal! (via NeighborFood)
13. Fran’s Famous Caramel Rolls: Give these caramel-y sticky buns a shot in place of the usual frosting-topped cinnamon bun. These would be a fantastic treat to wake up to any morning! (via This Mama’s Kitchen)
16. Samoa Cookie Bars: A great new take on the classic millionaire shortbread, these bars combine layers of shortbread, caramel and chocolate with a generous sprinkle of toasted, shredded coconut on top for a Samoa cookie-like twist! (via Pink Patisserie)
18. Floating Island in Caramel and Dulce de leche: A impressive dessert, the smooth, airy meringue reminiscent of mounds of snow is enveloped in layers of caramel. Keep this recipe in mind for the next time you have lots of egg whites to use up! (via Vintage Kitchen Notes)
19. Porridge with Cornish Sea Salt Caramel Sauce and Walnuts: Who says pancakes, waffles and French toast should be the only things having fun with caramel at breakfast time? This creamy, caramel- and walnut-topped porridge is worlds beyond any oatmeal from a packet! (via The Damson Tree)
20. Pumpkin Caramels (Paleo): Pumpkin puree, honey and coconut oil are the only ingredients you need to create these simply delicious, paleo-friendly pumpkin caramels. For a non-paleo version, be sure to check out this recipe courtesy of the same blog. (via Kitchen Vignettes)
21. Salted Chocolate Caramel Tarts: Almost too cute for words, these chocolate, caramel and, uh, more chocolate confections can be made two ways: handheld (as shown) or in a large format for slicing. (via Cakelets and Doilies)
23. Sweet and Salty Bacon Crack Pie: Intentionally under baked, caramel oozes out of the custardy center of this pie made with an crisp bacon-studded oatmeal cookie crust. A sweet-savory twist on the addictive Momofuku dessert! (via The Moonblush Baker)
25. Olive Oil-Saffron Ice Cream with Burnt Orange-Caramel Swirl: Each scoop of this homemade ice cream has so many layers of flavor packed in; olive oil, saffron, orange, caramel combine to form a totally unique blend. (via Food52)
26. Croquembouche: This French dessert may be a classic at weddings, but why not break with tradition and serve it as a show-stopping Christmas centerpiece instead? Each choux pastry puff is filled with creamy custard and enrobed in spun caramel! (Caramel-Glazed Cream Puffs) (via Saveur)
28. Ricotta Doughnuts with Bittersweet Chocolate and Salted Caramel Dipping Sauces (Gluten-free): No need to wait around for yeast to do its magic in these donuts — as soon as the batter’s mixed, fluffy ricotta fritters are dropped into hot oil. Alternate between the two toppings or combine them for an out-of-this-world treat! (via Girl Cooks World)
29. Banana Pancakes with Coconut Caramel Syrup: Queue up some Jack Johnson and throw together a batch of these banana pancakes. Coconut caramel syrup is the perfect accompaniment, making these tropical-tinged flapjacks sing. (via Blogging Over Thyme)
31. Winter Spiced Pear and Salted Cinnamon Date Caramel Stacks (Raw): Raw. Caramel. How is that even possible? Answer: dates. Soaked in [lukewarm] water ’til soft, they are pureed into a sweet, caramel-esque filling complete with a touch of cinnamon and salt for flavor and balance. (via Everything Needs Salt)
32. Salted Bourbon Caramel Pops: Jarred goat’s milk caramel made with a touch of Kentucky straight bourbon comes into play here, speeding up the pop-making process. If six hours is too long to wait for these creamy treats, consider picking up a Zoku quick pop maker — it’ll have them ready in a mere fraction of the time! Feel free to swap in your favorite, non-boozy type of caramel sauce for a custom — and more kid-friendly — version. (via Autumn Makes & Does)
What’s your favorite form of caramel — crisp, chewy, runny? On its own, or accompanied by chocolate or [fill in the blank]? Talk to us in the comments!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)