With Halloween just days away, it’s time to nail down your plans for the frightful night. While costume parties and trick-or-treating are the traditional options for spending the evening with family and friends, it can also be a hauntingly fun date night for couples. Sure, you can spend the night doing something sweet together, like carving pumpkins or handing out candy, but this year, why not revel in the spooky spirit? Scroll on for 10 next-level scary date-night ideas for you and your boo. If anything, being scared will only give you an excuse to take comfort in each other’s arms. Now who said Halloween couldn’t be romantic? ;)
2. Corn Maze: Whether you’re going for a corn maze that’s in the shape of Taylor Swift’s head or you’ve got eyes on one filled with zombies and chainsaw-wielding monsters, there’s no way you can go wrong with this classic funtivity.
3. Scary Movie at a Drive-in Theater: Scary movies on your couch are one thing. But scary movies at a drive-in theater take horror to the next level. Check your local event spaces for special screenings of horror movie classics, and don’t forget the popcorn!
4. Picnic at a Graveyard: Just think of it like a regular picnic at the beach. Except, of course, you’re surrounded by the remains of people long gone. While the ambiance is great for a spooky night, don’t forget to be mindful (and respectful!) of where you’re at. Aka don’t do anything your great-great-grandmother wouldn’t approve of. (Photo via Wally Gobetz)
5. Amusement Park: In addition to special Halloween mazes throughout the parks, amusement parks also have a variety of characters let loose this time of year, so be sure to keep close to your date for “protection” purposes. Unless, of course, they’re the one clinging to you! (Photo via Amateur Photography by Michel)
6. Campfire Ghost Stories: Here’s a fun and cheap way to spend a Halloween night. Before the days of TV and computers, people got their scary story fixes from each other. Shocking, right? Exchanging ghost stories beside a campfire is not only romantic, but it’s also a great way to bond with your partner. (Photo via Jan Parri)
7. Murder-Mystery Dinner Party: A murder-mystery dinner party is the best excuse to be creative, dress up and have fun with a group of your closest friends. Besides, role-play scenarios always seem to bring out the most… interesting sides of people!
8. Zombie Walk: If you and your partner are into The Walking Dead, a zombie walk was made for you. It’s exactly what it sounds like… a bunch of people who love zombies, dressed up and walking around like them.
9. Escape Room: Escape room experiences are fully-immersive, real-life games where groups of people are given a puzzles, riddles and clues in order to find their way out of a room before the clock runs out. Some escape rooms keep it relatively tame, while others go extreme. No matter how brave — or scared — you are, you and your SO can find an experience that you both will enjoy.
10. Scare the Neighborhood Children: If you’re not into being scared, why don’t you do the scaring? There are a ton of fun and creative couples costumes that you and your partner can do. You know what they say: “the couple who scares together, stays together.”
What are your next-level spooky Halloween date ideas? Tell us in the comments!