10 Fall Date Ideas That Will Make You Want to Cozy Up With Your S.O.
You have a lot of favorite things about fall. You love rediscovering your seasonal wardrobe and taking in all the pretty leaves on your commute home from work. You love the candy bowls scattered around the office. You love swapping Halloween costume ideas with friends and emailing Thanksgiving recipes to your folks in anticipation of the autumnal festivities. Many of these activities can be independent in nature, but we know that you don’t want to leave your sweetie behind in all the fall excitement. Keep scrolling for 10 simple ways to have the best-ever autumnal date with your S.O.
1. Pumpkin Picking: Could we even call this a list of fall date suggestions if we didn’t put a trip to the pumpkin patch at the top of the list? Grab your partner, put on your coziest flannel, and go get yourselves the perfect pumpkin. For an ideal date, find a local patch that offers spiked cider — or at the very least the best hot chocolate around.
2. Volunteering at a Food Bank: With temperatures dropping and the holidays ahead, more people are taking to shelters and seeking support from resources like soup kitchens and food banks. You and your significant other can make a real difference by spending a weekend morning serving others at one of these facilities. What a great memory to share!
3. Travel Planning: Your amazing summer vacation might already seem like it happened years ago, so why not get started on dreaming up the next one? Set aside time on the calendar for some bucket-list-style travel brainstorming with bae, supplemented with a bottle of wine and some takeout.
4. Making Pottery: Doesn’t the start of the new season make you feel like you need to be eating your soup and drinking your tea out of a set of beautifully rustic handmade pottery? It certainly makes us feel that way. You and your S.O. can sign up for a pottery class at a local studio to start the process of sculpting your own plates, bowls, and mugs. Start to finish, this will probably take a few weeks, so it creates opportunities for plenty of date nights.
5. Cider Tasting: Before the PSL (thanks, Starbucks), the most autumnal beverage in the game was cider. Give this drink the credit it deserves by spending an afternoon tasting different varieties at a restaurant or brewery. Can’t find a tasting locally? That’s okay. Instead, you could commit to drinking cider together every time it’s on a menu for the rest of the season. Think of it as one extended tasting.
6. Local Walking Tour: The chaos of summer is behind you, and you finally have a little extra time to stop and explore the place you call home. Do a little Googling to see what kinds of historical, food, or other landmark tours are available in nearby neighborhoods. You’ll learn more about where you live and probably take some fun pics along the way!
7. Hanging by the Fire: Sometimes, all it takes to dial up the atmosphere for a night in is lighting a fire. If you don’t have a fireplace, find a video of a roaring fire online — it’ll do the trick. If you’re feeling splurge-y, you could even spend a weekend at a cabin or boutique hotel where you’ll have your own fire to keep the two of you warm.
8. Checking Out Halloween Decorations: Plenty of people tour the holiday lights in December, but not everyone pays enough attention to the spooky decor that people set up in October. Lace up your walking shoes, pour a travel mug of hot apple cider (or maybe something a little saucier!), and take to nearby neighborhoods to see who is getting into the Halloween spirit.
9. Apple Picking: The only thing that says fall almost as much as picking pumpkins is, well, picking apples! You’ll miss these juicy local treats when they’re no longer in season, so go get your hands dirty and stock up at a nearby farm. Schedule a fun post-picking dinner to extend the experience.
10. Baking a Pie: Grab those apples you picked, and make good use of them. There are so many delicious seasonal pies you can learn to make, and it’s way more fun to do it with your S.O. by your side. (Everybody deserves a good sous-chef.) Yum!
What is your favorite fall date? Tweet us @BritandCo!
(Photos via Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)